Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

377 REPLIES 377
Aec
Star
Star
Yes, a dedicated iPad Mini
Deedub
Star
Star

Yep, I am about done with this. I've wasted enough time so far and shall wait until Arlo/Netgear arrange an update.

Tried reboot of both Base Station AND router it's connected to and am getting nowhere.

At least before the router restart I got as far as the "Uncertified device" screen. Now I just get a "HomeKit setup failed" screen. Blah. Over it.

I've been through this sort of thing before (Bose I'm looking at you!), where you follow all the instructions, try every solution under the sun and then you learn it was nothing to do with your setup and everything to do with incomplete updates and using the customer base to identify issues rather than test fully & then release.

I see earlier on in this stream there was recognition from Netgear/Arlo that there is an issue with certain basestations and they are working on a fix. Hope it comes soon.

VMB4000r3 + 4 Pro 2 cams connected to Time Capsule router.

Seamork
Initiate
Initiate

One more for the "uncertified Accessory" problem.

Nothing seems to work.  Kinda tired of this. 

clee7
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try updating your iOS to the latest.
I had the same problem yesterday where cameras only work on my home network in the Home App but not from remote (eg over LTE or work network).
I just updated my iOS to the latest (12.4) and now it works!
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue here. Issue persists even after the latest Arlo iOS App Update, which specifically advertises HomeKit functionality for other Arlo products. Why hasn’t the baby cam been fixed? It has been almost 6 months.
scrytch
Star
Star

I also have the VMB4000r3 base station and cannot get past the uncertified error.

Pinifinina
Tutor
Tutor

Alright everybody,

I would like to share my whole Arlo Pro 2 Homekit experience with you all. As some of you might know from the earlier post that I ran into problems with Homekit. But now, I have managed to fixed it and it is all working regardless of whether i am connected to home WIFI or outside with whatever mobile connection.

In the beginning I was able to add Arlo Pro 2 to homeKit without any issues via Arlo APP. So I thought sweet, Arlo did a good job! Until the next day when I was at work, I noticed I am unable to to see my cameras through KomeKit, motion sensor indicating "NO Response". I rebooted the base station remotely while I was at work, it didn't help.

So after I got home (connected to home WIFI) I thought I reboot the base station again, it didnt work. What I should've done is maybe try restart my iPhone, which most of you claim it solved the issue (but back then I didn't know). But I didn't do that, instead, I removed Arlo from Homekit. This is when the REAL problem starts, after I remove Arlo from HomeKit, I was unable to add it back to the HomeKit, it will just keep on searching with the swirling wheel. I then tried everything i.e. reboot everything, using WIFI and mobile network etc, nothing works. Eventually I gave up and call it a day.

The next day after I got home from work I decided to physically reboot both my Arlo base station and Apple TV (home hub for HomeKit) again to see if it will fix itself, and it didn't. So I decided to remove my whole Arlo from my Arlo App, then add them back in. After I did that I WAS ABLE to add Arlo back into my HomeKIT. But in homekit everything is "no response". But this time it says "remote access is not setup". So after some research I've decided to go to my Apple TV, Settings, Account, iCloud, then log off icloud and then log back in. It takes some time for everything to update i think, eventually after like 5 mins, the "remote access is not setup" is gone, I was able to see everything working, BUT only with WIFI not mobile network. So this time I decide to just reboot my iPhone, AND IT WORKED!!!

So! If you are having the same issue as me (i.e. can't remote access using mobile network), just restart your iPhone. DON'T remove base station from you APP, because you will need to add/Sync all your cameras again, you will lost all your customise mode and settings e.g. motion sensor sensitivity etc), AND your ARLO SMART subscription. That means your activity zone won't work. To get it to working again, you will need to cancel your subscription and get a refund from Arlo, and then re-subscribe which is a PAIN! ONLY do this as your last option. I would say go to your hub either apple TV or iPad or whatever, logout from your icloud and back in, have 10mins breast for swearing around let everything in the network system to sync, then restart your phone.

All the best!

thatsnasty
Guide
Guide
I’m in the same boat. Although I had it working 100% for about an hour, went into the Arlo app where I tried to rename a camera. It popped up asking me to delete My Home which I accidentally hit the wrong button but I was astonished when I learnt that deleted my Apple Home as well. Tons of lights switches and garage door having to be added from scratch.

Then when I finally got around to putting the Arlo Basestation into HomeKit, I not get the uncertified error. Lame.
lundoctor
Star
Star
Thank you for the solution that solved this issue.
Sign out of iCloud
Sign back into iCloud
Restart iPhone/iPad
And no able cameras active away from home network by cellular or WiFi
petrosb
Initiate
Initiate

Let me add on more complaint to the list. I added the base station to HomeKit but then I could not add any cameras. I thought I would just remove the base station from HomeKit and try re-adding. Now, I cannot add the base station anymore and it does not appear in HomeKit (I guess something somewhere thinks the base station is already added, but HomeKit does not see it).  It does not appear in the Home app, and it does nota ppear as part of homekit in the Arlo app. When I click homekit setup in Arlo, it tries to find the device and does not find anything (keeps spinning). I tried rebooting the base station, rebooting the phone, updating the phone to iOS 13.4, renaming the base station, but none of these work...

This is a very poor implementation if HomeKit support by Arlo. Very disappointing.

Slimhaven
Guide
Guide

Just another Arlo failure. My cameras (10) work fine in Arlo app but when migrated to Homekit there is no response. I am really getting tired of Arlo releaseing updates that dont work. Arlo engineers need to reach back and fix instead of blaming Apple which works flawlessly with my other cameras so it is definitely Arlo that is the problem. I have tried everything imagineable to get it to work but failed at all. Just hope there is a solution soon there is enogh of us reporting it.

kfscoll
Star
Star

...and one more for the "Uncertified Accessory" problem.

I've restarted my iPhone, Arlo Base Station, my iPad, and my Apple TV.  I'm not messing with it any more until Arlo releases an update.

sean7512
Star
Star

Sounds like Arlo is freaking CLUELESS about this, their document regarding the issue (https://kb.arlo.com/000062294/HomeKit-says-that-my-Arlo-base-station-is-an-uncertified-accessory-wha...) is not of much help. Greg had indicated a "restart" (article incorrectly links to a Reset, which Greg said was an error) of the basesation is all you need and if the issue still persists to contact support.

Support literally has no clue regarding this and can't help any further.  I am a senior software enigineer and have worked on everything from big data, cloud, mobile, to IoT and it seems to me they are probably running around behind the scense trying to figure this out and so they have nounified messaging regarding it. I suspect either an iOS app update or firmware will be pushed soon to fix this though. Lets wait and see.

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@lundoctor wrote:

I have having the exact same issue

Works fine  when at home but went away from the house cameras  off lung not connect but working  with our low App and clearly online

If you see the basestation on your iPhone and you can see live view when you're at home, all you have to do is reboot your iPhone. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Aec wrote:

HomeKit setup to my Arlo Pro2 basestation vmb4000r3 does this over and over. And the firmware is up to date, 1.14.02_2776IMG_0577.jpgI have no Arlo lights, so why do I need an Arlo bridge?I have no Arlo lights, so why do I need an Arlo bridge?how can this be?how can this be?. Anyone else get this too? HOme

FYI, the Arlo Bridge is actually the Arlo Basestation that will act as the bridge for your Homekit setup. Try rebooting all your devices, inlcuding your Homekit hub. At the very end, reboot your iPhone and see if that helps. 

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Reboot the iPad mini

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Deedub wrote:

Yep, I am about done with this. I've wasted enough time so far and shall wait until Arlo/Netgear arrange an update.

Tried reboot of both Base Station AND router it's connected to and am getting nowhere.

At least before the router restart I got as far as the "Uncertified device" screen. Now I just get a "HomeKit setup failed" screen. Blah. Over it.

I've been through this sort of thing before (Bose I'm looking at you!), where you follow all the instructions, try every solution under the sun and then you learn it was nothing to do with your setup and everything to do with incomplete updates and using the customer base to identify issues rather than test fully & then release.

I see earlier on in this stream there was recognition from Netgear/Arlo that there is an issue with certain basestations and they are working on a fix. Hope it comes soon.

VMB4000r3 + 4 Pro 2 cams connected to Time Capsule router.

Delete the Basestation and add it again

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Kellte2 wrote:
Same issue here. Issue persists even after the latest Arlo iOS App Update, which specifically advertises HomeKit functionality for other Arlo products. Why hasn’t the baby cam been fixed? It has been almost 6 months.

Restart your iPhone

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Slimhaven wrote:

Just another Arlo failure. My cameras (10) work fine in Arlo app but when migrated to Homekit there is no response. I am really getting tired of Arlo releaseing updates that dont work. Arlo engineers need to reach back and fix instead of blaming Apple which works flawlessly with my other cameras so it is definitely Arlo that is the problem. I have tried everything imagineable to get it to work but failed at all. Just hope there is a solution soon there is enogh of us reporting it.

If you get the No response warning, just Reboot your iPhone

Brucequyle
Tutor
Tutor

Rebooth iphone did not work either.  Things got worst after reset Arlo Base Station , cameras and then crewed up the whole Homekit App.

To save energy plus avoid upsetting, I  just forget Arlo Homekit for now and wait for the new IOS13  update or Arlo engineers, designers come up with a solution. Do not waste your times to call Arlo Customer Support because they have no clue how Homekit works . Lol !

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For those of you still experiencing the "Uncertified Accessory" error after trying the troubleshooting suggestions posted here, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

DGArkie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have an open ticket with them. Only response thus far is to escalate the issue to the next level. Still waiting for a fix that works. All “solutions “ offered so far can best be defined as “poke & hope”.
SjoDad
Tutor
Tutor
Garbage. And I had to re-add all my cameras to the base station. Thanks for making me bust out a ladder in the 100+ degree heat. Still didn’t work. 🖕🏼
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@JessicaP wrote:

For those of you still experiencing the "Uncertified Accessory" error after trying the troubleshooting suggestions posted here, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

I tried this.  I removed the offending Arlo base station from HomeKit and restarted the base station. Then I re-added that base station to HomeKit in Arlo Settings. The only change was that the names I had entered on the HomeKit side for my cameras and motion sensors (10 in all) were all blown away.  They all still show up as uncertified accessories.   

I still have another open case case from January or February.  I really would like to have a life that does NOT include so much time debugging Arlo products. 

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@AncientGeek wrote:

@JessicaP wrote:

I tried this.  I removed the offending Arlo base station from HomeKit and restarted the base station. Then I re-added that base station to HomeKit in Arlo Settings. The only change was that the names I had entered on the HomeKit side for my cameras and motion sensors (10 in all) were all blown away.  They all still show up as uncertified accessories.   

I still have another open case case from January or February.  I really would like to have a life that does NOT include so much time debugging Arlo products. 

Ok.  I tried this again and this time I power cycled the Arlo base after removing it from HomeKit.  No change.  The I restarted the base again and now all of my devices on that base station are both uncertified AND non-responsive.   Definitely not an improvement.  Two steps backward as they say.