Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

markjericho
Star
Star

I successfully setup my 4 Arlo camera for Homekit this morning while at home. They appeared within the Homekit app just fine and I could pull up my live streams. Now that I am not at home, all of the Arlo cameras say "No Response". All of my other non-Arlo Homekit devices are working just fine. Also, if I open the Arlo app, all of the carmeras are online and working properly. However, the Arlo cameras don't seem to want to work within the Homekit app when I am away. Yes, I do have celluar turned on as well as Backround app refresh. Anyone else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team has implemented a fix for this issue. If you're still experiencing the error message referring to "uncertified accessory" when trying to set up your VMB4000 with HomeKit, please reach out to me in a private message for assistance or contact the support team to further investigate.

Thank you,

JamesC

View solution in original post

377 REPLIES 377
AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Does Home Kit report your Arlo system as being and “unauthorized accessory “ like it does for mine?  If so, that could be the issue.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/HomeKit/m-p/1715918/highlight/true#M60331

markjericho
Star
Star

@AncientGeek wrote:

Does Home Kit report your Arlo system as being and “unauthorized accessory “ like it does for mine?  If so, that could be the issue.

Hmmm. Where are you seeing that message? I see the words "No Response" on the Arlo products in HomeKit app. When I got into the setting of each, it says the accessory is not responding.  I haven't noticed any message about it being an unauthorized accessory though.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

I saw it during setup and I had to “Allow Anyway”.  Then while still at home, I checked the settings in Apple Home and I saw an attribute there that also confirmed Arlo was not an approved accessory.

Check out my long winded post by following the link I added to my reply above.  ..and below!

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/HomeKit/m-p/1715918/highlight/true#M60331

Skychief
Tutor
Tutor

The latest firmware is installed but it doesn‘t find any devices. The app is constantly searching but nothing shows up - neither the base station not the cameras. I’m connected to the same network and the base station and the 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras are nearby. I’m also connected to the same network. Everything is switched on and I’ve resetted everything multiple times. I‘m also connected to the same network. I also checked the router and restarted it.

Help?

AB1111
Initiate
Initiate

I am experiencing the exact same thing.  Confirmed base in on latest firmware and have the updated iOS app.  Did a reboot of the basestation,  uninstall/reinstall of Arlo app with no luck.  Running on Orbi router FWIW.

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

Wanted to start a thread for people having trouble getting the "Uncertified Accessory" - This accessory cannot be used with Homekit.

I'm running the VMB4000r3 with Arlo Pro 2 cameras

With not option to bypass this I have tried a hard reset on the hub as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the app. 

Anyone else have any luck?

sean7512
Star
Star

As noted in the other thread, I am also having the exact same issue, and I have the same basestation.

I am running the latest version of iOS (12.4) on an iPhone X. I am also seeing the same issue using the latest iOS 13 beta on my iPad (dev beta, not public beta -- although I think they're the same build).

sean7512
Star
Star

@Roto_Head This may sound odd, but where are you located at? I am in Virginia (DC metro area). I am wondering if they forgot to upload the cert to a server in our region, etc.

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

I'm in Southern California. 

sean7512
Star
Star

Hah, ok then, not a region issue.

Do you have an Arlo Q or any other Arlo that doesn't conenct to a Basetation on your acount as well? I have a Q, I wonder if that may be causing issues as well?

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide

I'm running Arlo Pro 2 cameras and Alro Baby, or whatever that one is called, might be it, I'll give it a shot

Roto_Head
Guide
Guide
Nope, deleted the baby camera and still had no effect
sean7512
Star
Star

Yea, removing my Q didn't seem to solve the issue for me either. I am starting to think it is a "r3" issue.

Alestad
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly the same issue. Been searching for device for hours. Numerous reboots doesn’t make any difference
Skychief
Tutor
Tutor

I got it to work for a very short time. Here’s what I did: I completely erased the base station which meant that I had to set up all cameras again. Right after installing the base station and the cameras, it would connect to HomeKit. After a short while, it still showed up in the Home App but the devices (first the cameras and shortly after also the base station) did not respond anymore. Meanwhile the Arlo app lost all HomeKit connectivity and showed the pop up window again to connect the devices to HomeKit. Doing so, it again kept on searching without finding anything. I repeated the entire procedure (completely delete base station and set up everything again) and the outcome was exactly the same. So, still not working.

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was also able to setup Homekit this morning and everything was working just fine. Now Im at work, and i can't acess the cameras anymore, it says "No Response" in the Home app. The Arlo app works fine.

Any ideas? I already restart the Basestation and dindn't work. 

Hoity-Toity
Guide
Guide

Same issue with my R3. Cannot add base station always has errors or creates a new home profile and still doesn't work.

markjericho
Star
Star

@The_Ricky wrote:

I was also able to setup Homekit this morning and everything was working just fine. Now Im at work, and i can't acess the cameras anymore, it says "No Response" in the Home app. The Arlo app works fine.

Any ideas? I already restart the Basestation and dindn't work. 

It appears to be working for me now....at least for the moment. I wasn't getting sound on the video when it started responding but now that seems to be working. Maybe Arlo needed to turn something on server side to get it all running. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it stayed connected.

The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

Funny thing is that I chatted with Arlo tech support and they had no clue what was going on and they were blaming Apple and told me to contact them.

Also, someone was having the same "No Response" issue and he restarted the cameras by removing the battery and he tells me that fix the issue.

Im still seeing the "No Response" warning, will wait and see if it fixes itself like it did with you but will also restart the cameras when I get home. 

brettmcl
Guide
Guide

Same issue for me get through the entire process only to get the"Uncertified Accessory" error at the end. I am located in Australia.

Kabbachi
Star
Star
I’m getting the same error uncertified accessory
speedracer43
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same issue. I tap on HomeKit Set up in Device Settings and nothing is ever found. I have check and all firmware is the latest, and I have deleted/reinstalled the app. I have restarted the hub and my iPhone Max running 12.1.1 multiple times. I am within 3 feet of the hub. All cameras are working. I am wondering if there is an minimum iOS version. I find nothing that states iOS must be at least version xx.x. Very frustrating. I hope someone can figure this out as Netgear/Arlo does seem to be much help. 

Mark

Alestad
Tutor
Tutor
Solved it! Base station was not on the same network as my Wifi. As soon as a changed it turned up and is now working fine
The_Ricky
Apprentice
Apprentice

I forgot that it might be a good idea to re-start your homekit hub (Apple TV, HomePod, iPad). Will try all that stuff when I get home.