Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo camera stopped to be announce at alexa

Discussion stats
RGio
Follower
Follower

None of my cameras are announced anymore by Alexa. I tried to link account again and nothing happened. I tried articles at internet and there is not difference on notifications.

54 REPLIES 54
Cynthsmthrmn
Tutor
Tutor

It seems we are having the same issue which started about the same time. I have 10 cameras of various models. 3 of them are being announced by Alexa devices (also different models) The 3 cameras are in no way different than some of the others not being announced. Other cameras have same model, firmware etc.etc. 

I have done all I can do with the skill, removing and re-adding etc etc etc. Nothing works. 

head_scratcher
Tutor
Tutor

@Cynthsmthrmn  try to delete an activity zone on a camera you have and see if Alexa starts announcing motion.  That has worked for me as a stop-gap until Arlo fixes the real issue. 

HopperPilot
Tutor
Tutor

Deleting my activity zone worked for me too!

Gregwestwood
Tutor
Tutor

I've got them linked to my Alexa. Alexa stopped announcing motion about two weeks ago.

mobbjeep
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue! No longer receiving motion alerts from Alexa and agree this was about same time as crowdstrike incident.

mobbjeep
Tutor
Tutor

I was able to resolve!

Sucks but you have to remove your camera and re add it.

Then go in alexa app and turn on motion alert for that device and which devices you want announcements on.

mobbjeep
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry just saw it resolved if activity zones are removed.

Deleting and re adding camera remove zones too but not nessary

Arlo needs to resolve bug.

Gregwestwood
Tutor
Tutor

no.... Arlo are amateurs, I think they'll be bust eventually.

Gregwestwood
Tutor
Tutor

deleting activity zones worked

I wish id never bought these

Cornellc
Initiate
Initiate

I have been working on this for weeks.  Just found this fix of deleting the activity zones and it works.  I hope they get a fix so we will be able to use the activity zones again.

Wwaarp1215
Aspirant
Aspirant

When?

Wwaarp1215
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2pros, 2 basic, the floodlight, doorbell and the IQ, only the IQ works

zxstunner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is no longer working either we need an fix from Arlo

Gsq2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine and my moms stopped in mid July as well. Nothing works in trying to solve the issue. 

Mickbrenrenn
Guide
Guide

@BrookeN 

i see you have commented on this in the past on behalf of Arlo.  Would you please review the comments regarding this issue and give us all an update?   We would all prefer to use activity zones again on our cameras.  Thank you 

djbaldwin1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks!  I deleted the activity zone on two of my nine Ultra 2s and the announcing started again.  I agree that Arlo needs to fix the issue as this is not a longterm solution!

Jim-Kel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Alexa Feature Missing - Mode Change

The new Alexa Secure app introduces Modes. Alexa has many changes programmed during day, evening and night. But Alexa is unable to turn on the system "Armed - Away" on request or in a routine at night, because the Arlo Alexa skill does not support the new mode feature.

Please update the Alexa skill to allow it to change mode.

Jim

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Mickbrenrenn
Guide
Guide

8/10/24 Additional….. @ShayneS 

I just  realized that this problem is affecting ALL ROUTINES set up in Alexa.  If there is an Activity Zone set on the cameras, the cameras stop communicating with Alexa all together.   I had a motion routine set up in Alexa configured to turn ON outdoor smart WiFi lights when motion is detected.  Routine does not work when I have a zone set up.   Had to delete my activity zone for camera to communicate with Alexa.

Capetillo1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates, or timeline for a potential resolution? 

chadsong
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently I notice that when I open google home to access my camera, it just show black screen, not connect to camera. It used to be working fine. I try unlink and relink my account and camera. it still not working.

Firemware: 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d

Hardware: H5

IOS 17.6.1

Google Home version: 3.21.105

Mickbrenrenn
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

any updates on a resolution?

Not being able to set activity zones is resulting in Alexa picking up every motion.   Better than nothing but getting very annoying.    

HopperPilot
Tutor
Tutor

I have an open ticket on this, and they asked me for a litany of "supporting" information. I've now gotten a couple of "we've escalated this problem and we're looking at it messages."

Mickbrenrenn
Guide
Guide

@HopperPilot

Thanks for sharing.  Fingers crossed on a resolution.   Very frustrating.

Gregwestwood
Tutor
Tutor

It won't ever be fixed in my opinion. Terrible