Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Arlo camera stopped to be announce at alexa

Discussion stats
RGio
Follower
Follower

None of my cameras are announced anymore by Alexa. I tried to link account again and nothing happened. I tried articles at internet and there is not difference on notifications.

54 REPLIES 54
Gregwestwood
Tutor
Tutor

No chance. It's been like it for years. Having any activity zone breaking it is new thiugh. Feel like I'm working for Arlo.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi all,

The dev team is working on a resolution for this and I will be sure to provide all the updates as soon as I receive them. 

erhanson
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of today it's "fixed" now in the sense that the Alexa skill has started announcing again, but that only means the skill reverted to it's previous behavior of announcing all camera activity rather than filtering to activity zones.

So now, as of August 23, the skill works, but I'm awakened whenever someone drives by the house rather than someone walking up to the porch.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved with no further action on your part.  if you are still experiencing this, you can try re-linking your Arlo account with Alexa. 

Thank you 

Mickbrenrenn
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS 

I have done some testing on my end.  Just confirming that things do seem to be working properly.  Interaction between Arlo and Alexa when activity zones are set seem to be working properly.   Thank you for the assistance on this.