Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless does not trigger IFTTT

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 In Conversation
msw135morgan
Follower
Follower

All motion on, receive gmail and push notifications but no phone call via IFTTT.  No firmware updates indicated.  My old Vuezone system still works

like a champ with IFTTT, but no joy with Arlo.  Have 5 Arlo cameras, and IFTTT does not work with any of them.    I have seen other posts referring to the same issue, but few suggestions as to how to solve.  Any  feedback appreciated.   Have about two weeks to sort this out and send the cameras back to Amazon.

No point in having the system if it can't relay a phone call notification to me via IFTTT. 

29 REPLIES 29
jtz5
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ipass-

Since we know the "If motion is detected, call my cell phone" recipe is working for me, try using that recipe on your Arlo system to see if that works?

lpass
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. I think I'm ready to give up and move over to Nest Cameras. I'll have to figure out where to place them due to the wire, but I think it's a superior product.

Mockingbird
Aspirant
Aspirant
Figured a workaround. I needed ifttt to call me when I get a motion or an audio. This will only work with gmail linked to your arlo. Have arlo send email for motion and audio and label them in gmail. Then in ifttt if receive gmail for that label then phone call. Hope it helps worked for me.
Pannenkoek
Aspirant
Aspirant

Would be a great workaround but i dont live in the US. Ifttt does not support calls in europe 😞

My arlo is also getting more anoying by the day. The app is incredibly unreliable, need to reboot it like 5 times before i can switch the modus. The camera's eat through batteries like crazy. The camera that is closest to the base station empties its batteries in about a day.

Probably going to move it to my house adress instead of business soon cause its just so unreliable. 

lpass
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had a support ticket open and after trying the same few things, I'm assuming that they just gave up because they stopped responding to me lol.  I don't know how a networking company can be so stumped or not be able to integrate IFTTT seamlessly.  I don't really have the time to keep spending trying to diagnose this so I'm going to move over to the nest camera and will have to put up with the wires and the added expense, otherwise I'm forced to keep my lights on all night long when I'm away. The night quality is just not good enough to make an identification without lights.