Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARMED/DISARMED Modes Useless

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

These Modes are of Limited value as they only allow one rule per camera and are completely useless where you are using cameras in one area to trigger each other.  Please fix these Modes.

This is particularly important as your IFTTT solution only allows selection of these Modes.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XJW,

These modes are not intended to be used for advanced configuration (such as cross-recording as you describe above).

The Custom Mode feature is designed to allow the user more flexibility with rules setup and should be used for more advanced configurations.

JamesC

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

This is a problem as these are the only modes that are supported by IFTTT.

I switch between two modes.  1 Outdoor camera when I am at home.  And 1 Outdoor + 2 indoor cameras when I am not at home.  You can't do thia with ARM and DISARM.  This is basic.

Motion on either of my indoor cameras triggers recording on both.  Again this is basic and you cannot do this with ARM and DISARM.

Why not make ARM and DISARM like any other mode ?  Why create and unnecessary limitation ?

Fix this or fix IFTTT ?

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

@JamesC  any news on fixing IFTTT ????  It's near useless with support for only ARM and DISARM.