Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
doghousestudio
Guide
Guide

Arlo just "upgraded" my 2 base stations with the sole purpose of being able to connect/compatible with Apple HomeKit. They sent me 2 VMB4000's Refurbished (no box, packaging or manual) When following directions to set up HomeKit under My Devices > Base Station... HomeKit does not appear. I have restarted reset and confirmed firmware on base sation as well as  software on my AppleTV... nothing helps. I dont see any kind of Apple HokeKit code on the device itself and it didn't have any packaging so there is no way to scan a code that way. So frustrating and spent so much time on this... many many hours. It shouldnt be this difficult yet here I am. Please, any suggestions?

Thank you

117 REPLIES 117
Sabatoge
Initiate
Initiate
goldsmith49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sam Issue, latest everything still no success.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed v2.22.6?

CoderNemesis
Tutor
Tutor

The latest version is 2.22.7 build 28285 and yes I have the latest build available from the Google Play Store and there's still no menu option.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @CoderNemesis

This issue is related to Apple iOS devices. Did you have an iOS device experiencing this issue?

Sabatoge
Initiate
Initiate
Yes iphone xr and ipad pro
CoderNemesis
Tutor
Tutor

As stated in my post on 12/6, I am running Android attempting to set up the Aarlo device on a HomeKit hub.  The Aarlo base station is detected as a Home Kit device, but the only instructions on setting this up leads me to a button that doesn't exist.

And when attempting to add the device, it asks for a code to be entered which should be on the device itself, but since the units did not support it at the time of release and was added as an upgrade to the firmware, it only gave the option of using the Aarlo app to pair.

MSUHockey14
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have had a very similar issue since I bought these devices over a year ago. The instructions that Arlo has posted for use “without a setup code” do not work for some users. I do show a HomeKit setup page under my base station, however when I go to set it up, it recognizes the devices, asks me what home I want to pair it to, asks me the room I want to place it in, and then asks me to scan the HomeKit code. The instructions suggests that after adding it to a room, it then goes to a screen to add each of the individual cameras. In my case, it does not. Was online with tech support over a year ago passing back and forth iPhone screen recordings to prove my point. End result was a “we will look into this and get back to you...”. I’ll let you guys guess if that actually happened. I bought Arlo specifically for the HomeKit capability and have been very disappointed. If other users think you are crazy because you can’t find the HomeKit code, don’t be fooled, because it certainly doesn’t work the same for everyone.
goldsmith49
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any more news or updates? I am running an iPhone 12 and iPad Pro, latest version of everything and still no joy at all.

goldsmith49
Aspirant
Aspirant

To also validate this I have logged into to Google device and logged in, same issue. That says something is wrong with the hub....its got the latest software, has been restarted numerous times with no success

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@goldsmith49

Is your Arlo app updated to the latest version 2.22.6 & Apple devices on iOS 14.3?

goldsmith49
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes absolutely. Latest on both Android and IOS devices.....
80zTraxx
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey!  I had the exact same problem... no Homekit code because I've had my Arlo's since 2018, and was getting increasingly frustrated.  I would have accepted if my station was too old to be supported, but everywhere online said the VMB4000r3 was supported... All other options exhausted, I finally just went ahead and deleted the app, and re-downloaded... and then BAM, 'Homekit' was shown under Settings > Devices > Hub (>HomeKit).  Even though I have my apps set to auto-update, and had the latest version, this still worked for me.  So give it a try- delete your Arlo app and just re-add it.  Let me know if that works, crossing my fingers for you!

-jason

CoderNemesis
Tutor
Tutor

Tried clearing storage and removing the app completely and reinstalling and it was a no go.

DelphiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had Arlo cams connected and functioning properly within HomeKit. All I did was change my Wifi Name & Password (as we should for security). Now Arlo doesn’t list HomeKit as it used to & as seen in your screen shot.
80zTraxx
Aspirant
Aspirant
i would try deleting and re-installing the app, just for the hell of it. beyond that... make sure homekit devices are connected to the same network with the new name...?
DelphiArlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for the advice, that did help with HomeKit showing up under the right device however, my phone just sat there for 2hrs trying to “Discover my Device” but never did.
I can tap the HomeKit name now but still nothing happens.
Slayerholland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem in The Nertherlands. Iphone 12 pro. Deleted the Arlo app several times. It does have the Homekit option but when I tap on it it will keep on searching for devices. Alle devices are up to date. Please some advice. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Slayerholland

I have reset your HomeKit token, please reboot your base station & try and add your device again. 

LL135
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using iphone X IOS 14.4.2. I Arlo base station VMB4000r3. FW is 1.16.5.6_3792_3913242. i also tried to add it to HomeKit. I got to the step to pick room, Add bridge to Home, and it show "Uncertified Accessory This accessory cannot be used with HomeKit." Can you help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LL135 

I have reset your HomeKit token, please reboot your base station & try and add your device again. 

LL135
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.  I tried after you reset my token and it all works.  Both of my basestations can connect to HomeKit without issue. 

MSUHockey14
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS. Can you please try to reset my token as well? I've been stuck with this for over a year with no success. 

Thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MSUHockey14

I have reset your token, please reboot and try again.

MSUHockey14
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS. No luck. I reset my basestation completely and re-synced all my cameras. Homekit is there under my basestation settings. It finds the device. I select a room. Then I get the "Uncertified Accessory" message. Since i've tried this over and over, sometimes I get the Uncertified Accessory message and sometimes I don't. Either way, I get asked to scan or manually input the homekit code. It's almost like iOS is not recognizing the app as a bridge to the device. This has been ongoing for over a year now. Is this potentially a hardware issue with the basestation?

Hardware: VMB4500r2

Firmware: 1.16.5.6_3666_3913242

iOS: 14.6

I also wonder if potentially my iphone is on the 5 GhZ network and the basestation is on 2.4? Although if this were an issue, you would think the iphone wouldn't detect the basestation in the first place.