Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

eric-m
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I’m using regular Arlo Cameras and basestation, and an Amazon Echo Show.

I recently setup my cameras, and they work great with the arlo app. However, they are extremely inconsistent when I use them on my echo show. When I say “Alexa, show me the back yard”, she replies “okay” and the “waiting for Netgear...” shows up. After about 3 seconds, it returns to my home screen. No error messages at all (most of the videos I’ve seen while trying to troubleshoot display some sort of error message).

To let you know what steps I’ve done so far:
- Restarted Arlo base station
- Restarted Echo Show
- Restarted cameras
- Uninstall / reinstall Arlo Skill on Echo Show
- Devices have been synced (each camera has worked exactly once with the Echo Show).
- The first camera showed the live feed after the second attempt
- The second camera showed the live feed after about 20 attempts
- Each camera has now failed to show the live feed after ~30 attempts, but works fine in the arlo app

What at am I missing? Any help is appreciated.

Eric

116 REPLIES 116
dafryxell
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the exact same issue. Alexa says OK and then it just times out.

msmikolai
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem here also. Please post if you find a solution.
Tress66
Guide
Guide

Same problem on all cameras

MissouriMark
Tutor
Tutor

Exact same issue on FireTV stick, too. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

eric-m,

I've escalated this topic for further investigation. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

eric-m
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks, James!
cpenn005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here. Tried same things with restart and sync. Sometimes works on first try, but mostly getting "not responding" from echo show. Or echo just reverts to home screen. Arlo all seems really slow and inconsistent with live feed now too
RSantry
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, actually night vision will not work unless I open the Arlo app as well, then when Arlo app kills the stream it all goes away and have to open again on the echo. Really getting frustrated.
Bill716
Apprentice
Apprentice

JamesC - any progress on this?  I returned my Pro 2 system a few days ago but will puchase again if issues like this start working.

JMaze
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with my Arlo Pros.  They work fine on my Echo Show but nothing for Fire TV.  Just says "Waiting For Netgear".  Please update us on the solution. 

rusiris
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm experiencing the same "waiting for Netgear" problem with an Arlo Pro 2 system & 2nd gen FireTV.  The FireTV live feed actually works while Arlo's iPhone app streams the same feed.  The "waiting for Netgear" problem on FireTV returns after closing the IOS live stream.  All firmware is up-to-date.

Bamabots
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me 13 (so far). 

Amazon Show will also just stop displaying after a random period of time from 15 seconds to about 10 minutes.  That's a little bit frustrating while I'm watching for tresspassers after school who like to jump the fence and pick my fruit and trample my tomatoes.

gillSpie
Star
Star

My cameras don't seem to work with Amazon Echo Show either. I get a rathe cryptic message that sounds like "snhp6410b84b doesn't support that"

Does anyone know why?

tman081
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue with my Arlo Pro.  Echo show works about 80% of the time and Fire Stick works about 20% of the time.

gillSpie
Star
Star

I go my cameras to work by removing them all from the Alexa app and removing the arlo skill. Next I removed them from Arlo replaced the batteries with freshly charged ones, readded them to Arlo, reinstalled the skill in Alexa and then discovered devices. One camera has a little more latency than the others and you have to ask alexa twice to see it's video. The others connect in about 5 to 10 seconds.

CashMoney
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue on my Echo Show. Night vision is not activated unless I open the Arlo iOS app and the activate the camera on the echo show. I also get disconnected on the echo show if I open the Arlo app. Multiple streams need to be supported. Please fix the night vision issue on the echo show!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CashMoney,

The Night Vision issue you describe when using Echo Show was resolved in a recent firmware update for Arlo Q: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_16305 - 5th January 2018

Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

Amgray13
Guide
Guide
I am having the not responding issue periodically, but only with Arlo Baby. My echo show works 100% with Arlo regular and Arlo q, Arlo Baby is very inconsistent, which is sad as this is the one I really. Need to work with echo show. Please tell me there are updates on the horizon.
cpenn005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, this is still an issue. Takes several minutes of loading before it might work. Really disappointing as it used to work well. Using mainly as baby camera. Alexa says it's not responding. Sometimes helps if I open app for a few minutes. (5+) and ask Alexa again
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amgray13, cpenn005

A recent back end update made several improvements to Alexa integration. Are you still experiencing this issue?

JamesC

dafryxell
Tutor
Tutor

On a quick test, yes, this seems to be working. After a brief "Waiting for Netgear," the camera image appears on my Echo Show. Have not tested on Fire TV yet.

Thanks for fixing!

Amgray13
Guide
Guide
Yes, still having the same issues of “I couldn’t connect to X camera, it took too long to respond. Also, having issues with it working. Then saying it’s buffering and quitting out randomly. These are by no means consistent, sometimes it connects and streams indefinitely without any issues.
cpenn005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue still. Echo doesn't connect and app is slow 5-10 minutes to connect.
Amgray13
Guide
Guide
Any new updates or progress? Still getting couldn’t connect ~50% of the time. We try to leave it running over night to monitor the Arlo baby, but every night it buffers and quits or will freeez on a frame. Would be really nice to have it working. Have even tried lowering the resolution, but we get the exact same problems.