Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Im disappointed that Apple TV support has been dropped in the move from Netgear to Arlo IOS apps - does anyone know if this is intended or will be rectified? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for your inquiry on Apple TV support on Arlo App. We’re always working with our partners to extend 3rd party integration into Arlo experience, but Apple TV is not currently a supported device with the Arlo App.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
MORGiON666
Star
Star

I noticed this too, would greatly appreciate Apple TV support returning.

Mikem30303
Guide
Guide

James C, is the Apple TV app really losing support?  This would be a huge setback...

Boead
Guide
Guide

The AppleTV app is very convenient! 
AppleTV 4K is an awesome device and ive tried many of them!
I have a few AppleTVs now. It acts as a Home Hub for my Ecobee Thermostats and other devices related to HomeKit.
The new iOS is going to utilize this AppleHome Hub even more so by letting it process video data and store in iCloud.

I use the AppleTV App and Im Afraid that it too will NOT be working soon 😞
It was a Buying Point when I was shopping, as was HomeKit compatibility and to have it go away now (of all times) will make me rather annoyed.

So Arlo Techs and Admins, PLEASE update US on the AppleTV App and Apple HomeKit Integration expectations for October 2019 and beyond.

Thank you. 

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

When will the new Apple TV app be released?  I keep getting a message in the old Arlo Apple TV app to download the new Arlo Apple TV app however I can't find it in the App Store.

adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

Doubt they will add the Apple TV support back.    If you have your base station integrated with HomeKit, you can look to HomeCam as a solution.   When it loads, it will automatically start to live stream your cameras.  

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

And there's the rub... I've got the Arlo Ultra base that is not yet supported for HomeKit.  And now I can no longer view 4K footage on my AppleTV.

What's up Arlo???  

Any comment?

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice
They must be coming out with a new Arlo app for AppleTV though As they would have had to program this attached screenshot in the legacy Arlo AppleTV app. I just wish that Arlo would let us know when it will be available to download!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What features will you be using with the Apple TV functionality?

Bbennett14
Initiate
Initiate

Honestly, what's there now is fine. Personally, I use the Apple TV app for live viewing. But, I could also see a scenario where accessing recorded or saved content would be needed as well.

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I agree what is there now is fine.  If I'm watching TV and hear some suspicious noise it'd be nice to view the cameras from the Apple TV.  It would also be nice to get alerts on Apple TV, kind of how we get sports alerts on the Apple TV, when motion is detected on a local (not shared) Arlo camera.  If we click on the alert, it opens the Arlo TV app and goes to a live feed of that camera.

IDW
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi - yes, the legacy Netgear App is pretty good. I watch live and would like library access.
One thing to fix - currently the screen saver is still enabled during play back, please could it be disabled when entering full screen
Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for your inquiry on Apple TV support on Arlo App. We’re always working with our partners to extend 3rd party integration into Arlo experience, but Apple TV is not currently a supported device with the Arlo App.

Bbennett14
Initiate
Initiate

I'm very aware that the Apple TV is not supported. Is that going to change? Is a new/replacement app being developed? This is functionality that I, and by the looks of this thread others, use regularly. 

cyberjunkyfreak
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm forced to turn off 2FA and use Netgear's legacy Arlo app for Apple TV, until Arlo (hopefully) will release an Apple TV app.

SecurityService
Star
Star

Hi, am I the only one having problems with using Arlo on Apple TV?

I erased the app, and wanted to download it again, and now I can't finde it?

Cabrioakkie
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since a few days the streaming function in the Apple tv app is not working anymore. I can see  screenshot, of the last time that I did login, but there is no live streaming. However, I still can browse through my recordings and so.

I use 2 apple tv's, both do have the same issue. My iPhone App is still working. On my computer I can use FireFox, but not Safari (same problem).

Thor56
Aspirant
Aspirant

Live feed has suddenly stopped working in Apple TV app. Recorded video still works but the app would not start live feed from the cameras. Anyone who have some answers?

Uriasrod
Initiate
Initiate

For a few days, the Live view feature on the Apple TV app has not been working. 

I have done several resets of my Base Station but the issue remains. 

This is a very important feature and it is how I monitor my cameras. Please let me know if there is anything that can be done to make it work again. 

Please let me know if you need any additional information. 

Thanks !

DrRumack
Initiate
Initiate

Not happy with Arlo withdrawing support for Apple TV. It was a major reason for purchasing my system. Now I have to go through convoluted steps to view a live feed of my cameras. Big step backwards.

yhk120
Guide
Guide
It doesn’t seem to be working with appleTV anymore as well. Can anyone else confirm this?
Arloultra2020
Initiate
Initiate
Add support for apple TV. You had it and now its not working.