Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Apple HomeKit stuck at "Discovering your device. Please wait."

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Carmct and ChrisWods,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Carmct
Aspirant
Aspirant
The issue we are now facing is the sharing of cameras on 2 phones. I followed the instructions to share it but both homes use the same iCloud account and after I accept the invitation I get the spinning wheel.
ukkun
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m stuck on the “discovering your device” screen when trying to add to HomeKit.

all of app / os / firmware are latest.
Philipplin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

Please reset the token on my device, also stuck on the discovery phase with in the app when trying to set up HomeKit.

m1jacob
Tutor
Tutor
HomeKit stopped working. Need a token reset please. Thanks
bbrian
Tutor
Tutor
Hi there,
Could you please sent a token reset request to my base station (VMB5000). Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Carmct,

I would suggest for you to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Hi ukkun, Philipplin, m1jacob,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Hi bbrian,

I've sent a token reset request to both your SmartHub and base station which should resolve the issue. Please reboot your SmartHub and base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

LeprechaunJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Floodlight trial subscription ended, can’t record videos.  Trying to use HomeKit, but can’t get past “Discovering Device”

ukkun
Aspirant
Aspirant
tried but nothing changed.
still stuck at discovering devices.
LeprechaunJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried resetting base and it didn’t solve problem 

Any suggestions?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ukkun,

I've sent a token request to your base station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Hi LeprechaunJP,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Zyzlt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same issue and need my token reset.

Philipplin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks so much, that worked. Can you also reset the token for Arlo Baby?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Zyzlt,

Hi Philipplin,

I've sent a token reset request to your Arlo Baby that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your camera (read here to learn how: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?), allow the camera to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Musicaxis
Aspirant
Aspirant
My new new VMB5000 base station will not register in Apple HomeKit. “Uncertified Accessory” is the error I get. I’ve updated firmware, rebooted, unplugged and reset but still no luck. Can you please push a new token to my base station ASAP?

Thanks!
Musicaxis
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Musicaxis,

rhinox99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

Could you please send a reset token to my base station also? I'm having the same issue of not being able to add it back into homekit after removing it. Thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi rhinox99,

RockyB_vl
Aspirant
Aspirant
My device hangs on discover as well when trying to setup HomeKit, please send a token request to my base station. Thanks
irfuzz
Aspirant
Aspirant
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi RockyB_vl and irfuzz,

Casaflyr
Initiate
Initiate

I set up homekit and it worked decently, then suddenly the cameras were showing "not responding" and then updating. They never came back to homekit. I then deleted my base station from homekit and now I'm stuck at "discovering your device".

RockyB_vl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Flerric
Aspirant
Aspirant
Trying to add to my HomeKit via instructions and receive authentication failure message. Tried rebooting with no success. This is a brand new unit purchased from major retailer.
adammiarka
Apprentice
Apprentice

You'll need to have support reset your token.  Here is the main thread to request https://community.arlo.com/t5/Partner-Integrations/Homekit-Reset-Token/m-p/1810982#M10747