Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
bryantrichar
Follower
Follower

I've seen some responses about needing a token sent for this issue?

107 REPLIES 107
bcobos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could I get a token sent to my home base? Thanks!

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

one of my arlo base station is also stuck in discovering stage. Please help.

karrylai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally, it works! Thank you so much!! I hope Doorbell wireless can be fixed soon, thank you!!

Raybam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James and team,

I’m also having problems with adding my VM4000 to HomeKit. May I get new token reset?

thanks in advance,

Raymond. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have 3 Arlo Bases VMB4540. 2 of them connected immediately to Homekit but 1 of them is stuck in "discovering your device" stage. All 3 have the same firmware, up to date.

Please help.

Regards

CT

Gazpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I’ve tried other boards but my vmb5000 is also stuck at discovering devices in HomeKit, can you reset my token. 

regards, gazpilot

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CT2023  and @Gazpilot I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is working now. Thanks  @BrookeN 

Gazpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mines working now too, many thanks

tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

please could you send me a reset token.  My base station has been like this for years, didn't know there was a fix.

Thank you

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions:How do I connect my Arlo device to Apple HomeKit?

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

after the 3rd Arlo base VMB4540 started to work with the homekit because you have sent a token reset, now the others 2 bases (which were functioning) stopped working. Maybe you have reseted all 3? I cannot delete them from the homekit because i get an error that the bases are not responding.

please help

regards

CT

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I only reset the one, however, I can reset the other two if you would like and you can see if you can get the other two working? Are the bases offline?

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

In the Arlo app i can see all 3 bases and the cameras connected to

them. In the Homekit app i see now only the cameras connected to the base you have reseted the token.

Thee other cameras are in "No response mode" and if i try to remove the bases they are connected to from the homekit app i get the message:

"the base station cannot be removed because it is not responsive. Please make sure the Base Station is connected, turned on.....". I confirm that the base stations are connected to the same wifi and working as i can see all the cameras in the arlo app.

CT

CT2023
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now they are working again. I could re-add the 2 bases to the Homekit.

Thanks for your help.

CT

tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  My 5 cameras are now included in my "Home" but not the doorbell.  Is there something else I need to do?

Many thanks.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
  1. Select the Arlo SmartHub or Arlo Base Station you want to add to Apple Home.
    If you receive an Uncertified Accessory Error message, visit: When adding my Arlo Base Station to Apple Home, what should I do if I receive an Uncertified Accesso...
  2. Select a Home or tap Add New Home.
    If you don’t have a Home set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Home.
  3. Select a Room or tap Add a New Room.
    If you don’t have a Room set up in the Arlo Secure App, you are directed to create a Room.
  4. Tap Continue to add devices to HomeKit to add devices or additional Base Stations.
  5. Continue through the setup flows to confirm the name and room placement for each device.
    Note: The name that you give each device is used for Siri commands. Choose a unique name that is easy to remember and pronounce.
  6. Confirm the name of the device.
  7. Tap Skip, or rename any other devices as needed.
  8. Tap Finish.
tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you but as above I managed to add the base station to Apple Home kit after doing the restart and it then added all 5 of my cameras.  It did not, however, add my doorbell (and the camera with it) which is also connected to the same base station (it didn't even offer to and is not selectable anywhere.  In home kit I just have a drop down called "cameras" with the 5 cameras in it).  Unfortunately your reply only deals with adding the base station to Home Kit which I have done.  I now wish to include my Arlo wireless doorbell.  Any advice gratefully received.

Many thanks,

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which Arlo doorbell are you using?

tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Its the Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell.  Its the current model.  I installed it earlier this week to the base station and is working great.  Just can't get it to appear in Home Kit which I got going earlier today.

Many thanks,

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We're currently in the process of getting Homekit certification completed for AVD2001 and it should be available soon. Until then you will not be able to add it yet. 

tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

OK Thank you.  Can you please tell me how I might get it to announce the doorbell on Alexa then (which per the product information on the website it says it can do).  There is no menu option through the Arlo Secure app to do this as best as I can see.

Many thanks,

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator
tlewthwa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many thanks.  The instructions say:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap [image of a circle and a person in it - it looks like a profile button]

Unfortunately I don't have this button in the Arlo Secure app.  Per the video it is in the top left hand corner and when pressed takes you to "dashboard".  From there you are meant to go to "Connected Accounts".  Within settings on my app I do have an "Account profile" option but this just covers detail like my name etc.  There is no option "Connected Accounts" anywhere in my app.  I do expressly have the option "Homekit" in settings which I did use to connect to Home kit.

Please advise what I should do.

Many thanks,