Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mguida, jaydreams, Paul_T, staring07, Jjayce,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

LuisBueno2486
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also stuck on discovering your devices. 

Jjayce
Tutor
Tutor

no change in behavior still unable to add to HomeKit.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LuisBueno2486,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Hey Jjayce,

I've sent a token request to your Base Station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

GrantGoldkey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Could you please send a reset to my base station as well?

I am having the same problem as described - Homekit used to work but was removed, and now sticks on "Discovering Devices".

Many thanks!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi GrantGoldkey,

Soulfab
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like to have my token reset for HomeKit setup. It stopped working once I added a new ATV to my network.

Thank you!
Arctype
Aspirant
Aspirant

Homekit and Arlo previously worked and now it seems broken. I deleted the arlo baby cam from HomeKit and then tried to re-enable by going into the device (firmware is updated, already checked) and then within the app towards the button I hit set up and Discovering your device appears.....forever. It does nothing. I restart the device. I let it sit and then start the process over again only to find...nothing! same thing over and over. ugh. Any ideas?

Andyfi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send a token reset to my Arlo baby camera? I am unable to add it to homekit.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Soulfab and Arctype,

I've sent a token reset request to your Arlo Baby camera that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Arlo Baby camera (refer to this article to learn how: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?), allow the camera to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

Hi Andyfi,

D_Joshi
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi D_Joshi,

D_Joshi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica - tried doing that but seems its still not working. It says discovering device, please wait… & nothing happens.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey D_Joshi,

I've sent a token request to your Base Station again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Andyfi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m using the Arlo baby, not a base station. The tome. Reset you sent didn’t work.
Blimmins
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send a token reset to my Arlo baby camera? I am unable to add it to homekit.
jupiterfish
Guide
Guide
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Andyfi,

I've sent a token request to your Arlo Baby camera again. If you're still having issues, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Hey Blimmins and jupiterfish,

Scoike
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

What is it that you all plan on doing to address this issue.  My Arlo cameras have all dropped out of HomeKit again after 6 months since you last sent a token reset for me. There needs to be some better platform stability because this stuff is very much set it and forget it and there is nothing more frustrating than seeing my cameras disappear when I haven't touched anything and having to go through a forum to get in touch with someone is even worse. Can you please send a token reset to my base station again. I'm hoping that will resolve the issue again.

Thanks

z0rak
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I am also no longer able to get past the "Discovering Your Device" phase for Homekit setup.  Can you please send a token reset request?

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi z0rak,

thomasc82
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I’m also having the same issue where I am stuck on discovering devices when I try to add my cameras to HomeKit. Can I get a reset token please?
TheKFCuracao
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica,

I am also no longer able to get past the "Discovering Your Device" phase for Homekit setup.  Can you please send a token reset request?

Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi thomasc82, TheKFCuracao,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Kway13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi Jessica. I am having the same problem with no resolution when I called customer service. Please help.