Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

I had HomeKit set up but then removed it because I was reorganizing things. Now when I try to add my base station again the app just gets stuck on "Discovering your device. Please wait." I saw this posted elsewhere for a different hub and support sent a token reset request which seemed to resolve the issue for others. Is that what I need here?

613 REPLIES 613
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi dvmeeks,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

chanderr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I have the exact same issue too.

Please assist.

P.S: I have two base stations. Both are identical. One of them has connected to HomeKit while the other one is stuck at “Discovering..”
Jtbillups
Aspirant
Aspirant
chanderr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please advice how I can get one? Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi chanderr and Jtbillups,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

davidhibbard
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to add my Arlo Ultra Hub to Apple home app. I get a device is not certified error. I have rebooted. I cannot remove and try again because it was never added to remove it. Any help is appreciated.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi davidhibbard,

Nadine-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone else having trouble connecting to HomeKit? I keep getting error messages. When I scan QR code it says “uncertified accessory “. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Nadine-
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can you please send a token reset request to my Base Station/SmartHub so I can try and connect it to HomeKit?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Nadine-,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

ggsja
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi there,
After some time poking around on the community, it seems that I’m having the same issue as many others where I’m getting stuck on the HomeKit setup screen. It says “Discovering your device. Please wait.” and never progresses. The solution seems to be a token reset on the support side. Can I have someone do one of those for me please? Thanks!
Nadine-
Aspirant
Aspirant
This appears to have worked thank you.

I am now having a secondary problem. The cameras say they are not compatible with apples secure video however is says on the product details and apples website that this camera should be compatible. How do I get this to record in apples secure video?

Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi ggsja,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

Nadine-,

Arlo does not currently plan to support Apple HomeKit Secure Video, but we will support a range of other features that will enable Arlo cameras to participate in the HomeKit ecosystem.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jacob4130,

I've sent a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your Base Station/SmartHub (remove and reapply power), allow the Base Station/SmartHub to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit

past1999
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have reviewed similar topics (Homekit integration fails - "uncertified accessory" error message) but none of the solution worked for me using the VMB5000/Ultra2 setup. Appreciate help/guidance how to get this fixed please as the whole reason why I bought this kit is the fact that it works with my HomeKit setup. When I use the Arlo app, I can get to the Locate the QR code option, scan the provided QR code and then I get "Connecting to Bridge. This may take a few minutes." I have kept it running for nearly 2hrs non-step now ... and it still seems to "connect" to something but no ideas what ... it feels it may be stuck in a continuous loop or is hung. I need help/advice to fix this urgently please!

stcurry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am experiencing the same issue.  Can you please send a token reset to my base station?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi past1999, stcurry,

Johnyf
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue trying to connect with Homekit...

Andreabrivio197
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m not able to connect my Arlo ultra 2 with HomeKit devices
Can you send me a token
espaladin
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello I’m having the same issue as everyone else with connecting my smart hub to Apple HomeKit. Keeps hanging on “discovering device”

Can I get the token reset? Thanks!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Johnyf, espaladin,

Hi Andreabrivio197,

Please make sure your Base Station/SmartHub is online so I can send a token reset request to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Starlite
Aspirant
Aspirant
moderator,
could i get a token reset sent to my base station please & thx!!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Starlite,

DvxAznxvb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would Like to try a reset token to try to resolve my HomeKit issue

I also want to see if it’s possible to have one of my ultra that fails to pair to the base station to actually connect to my vbm5000