Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Anyone that managed to make Alexa Motion Announcements work?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Amyliz
Guide
Guide

Is there any one person in the U.S. that has managed to make Alexa Motion Announcements work? If so how? I have dots, speakers, show and none of them make an announcement of any kind.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Amyliz,

Try following these steps to make your Amazon Alexa device announce when motion is detected: How do I trigger an Amazon Alexa device when motion is detected on my Arlo camera?

JiggyNole
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jessica,

I followed the instructions to send motion announcement to a couple of my Shows. I get an alert from Arlo, but nothing on my Echo Show. Anything to set/change on the Show?

Thanks for your support.

Jim

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Jim,

Try to remove the Arlo Alexa skill and re-add it back on to see if that helps. If you're still having problems, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Borg123
Tutor
Tutor
I have finally got this to work after over a year.

This is what I did.

1-Remove the arlo Alexa Skill.
2-add the arlo Alexa Skill again.
3-go to the device in Alexa and make sure motion announcements is turned on for that device. You do not need to create a routine.
4-go into the arlo App and go to settings , my devices , then click on your base station and scroll to the bottom and click Restart to restart the base station.
5-When it restarts it should work - it did for me and still does.