Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Ziya
Apprentice
Apprentice
Is anyone having issues with the alexa and arlo. Past couple of days iv noticed my alexa echo show now does not bring up camera picture when motion detection is detected. I have a routine set up on alexa app to display picture of my camera when motion is detected and it has now stopped working. Iv reset the hub. Disabled the skill deleted all cameras. Reinstalled everything. Still no luck. I dont even get normal standard notifications via alexa when motion is detected too.
Arlo you need to sort out your game. This is unacceptable.
108 REPLIES 108
SherrieB
Guide
Guide
I thought that, potentially, my two free subscriptions were conflicting with my real paid subscription... So I canceled the free ones loaded them onto the real subscription. That didn't change anything. I had an activated one of the older Arlo pros - placed a new battery in it and didn't attach it to the subscription. That didn't work either. So at 1:00 a.m. last night I plugged in my JBL Google speaker to charge. Got up this morning to open up Google home which I had never done before. All of my cameras were there, turned on notifications and BOOM, they work. The Google home basic is very simple and not very customizable I don't know yet if there's a subscription service but I'm happy right now with getting notifications out loud that we can hear at night. I still expect Arlo And Alexa to get this fixed. I was completely beyond frustrated after hours of talking with both entities yesterday. 'It's not us, it's them' BS... THEY had better get it figured out!!
SherrieB
Guide
Guide
LOL-Somali email scammers. That made me LOL amidst this huge debacle. Yes I have spent hours working on this. I nearly lost my mind talking with both entities yesterday. I might not be a Microsoft engineer, but I'm not tech ignorant either. I had already done everything they insisting do again. Nothing. So last night I plugged in my JBL Google speaker to charge... 0pened up Google home for the very first time only to discover that all of my cameras were already there. Turned on notifications and voila... We have notifications. Now, the Google home app seems overly simplified and not very customizable. Haven't looked into the subscription service-if offered, but if Arlo And Alexa can't figure it out I may have to go that route. So if you happen to have any type of Google speaker try it. Good luck to u and all of the Arlo stabbed-in-the-back-but-NOT-notified community.
V3nom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually would prefer ring cameras now they have battery free cameras and I have ring alarm myself but we are stuck with Arlo. Get this fix please! Another cheap work around would be to get a google nest mini speaker and Bluetooth it with all ya echo speakers until it’s fixed
cedtang
Guide
Guide

So I went and got a Google Home Mini. Set up on my network, connected to Arlo and enabled announcements. 

And it works, right off the bat. So there you go. Nothing wrong with my set up. It is all to do Amazon Alexa and Arlo not talking to each other. 

Again I prefer Alexa routine because it provides more fine controls as well as providing additional actions such as turning on a smart light or something.

Luna_
Aspirant
Aspirant
Seem to be having the same issues the last 2 weeks, called tech support and haven’t been able to resolve this. Curious to know if anyone else was able to resolve the issue
V3nom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can also confirm other products like the Philips hue outdoor sensor is not working with Alexa either. I suspect unless it’s ring products it’s not working. I had to get temp HomePod with Siri. Need to protect the house at all times with all these police defunders
dsjah
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo Ultra 2 devices no longer announce motion triggers. I have tried reinstalling & toggling the Amazon Alexa app settings for “motion announcements”,but it appears as Arlo cloud is simply no longer sending the notifications to Alexa. My notifications on Arlo app and Email work fine. Asking Alexa to show me a Camera on Alexa Show also works fine. I even factory reset the smart hub and reconfigured all cameras with no luck. Any idea how to fix?
SherrieB
Guide
Guide

That's where we are at-unmitigated property crime and why we put up 3 additional cameras (that were working until 2 wks ago). AND to make matters worse, our city is uber liberal and have allowed homeless camps, tweakers galore, u name it. They have more rights and given more sympathy than decent, hard working citizens  The police do what they can but not enough of them and anyone they arrest is out before the police complete their paperwork!  The taxpayers are left to do our own policing.  These thieving boneheads know property crime can be committed without consequences.  Wow, sorry, u got me started and I couldn't shut up. LOL. Good luck, I sure hope Arlo gets this stuff fixed soon! 

Renett21
Tutor
Tutor
Same here . They tell me they are working on it . Been on the phone with support for a week . I have done everything thing .
tobydz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey fantastic workaround Sherrie!  You've already proven yourself far more technically-minded than half of the people I've worked with 🙂 

V3nom
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sounds exactly like Washington state!! If you have apple just get a HomePod or Two for the time being. They will get this fix seems like back in 2019 they had issues as well
BOBROB1919
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, checked all the settings, tried removing the cameras from the Alexa App, removing and then re-adding the skill. Still doesn't work. No reply from Arlo. Thinking of going down the Google route if it's not fixed soon.

SoundMixPro
Guide
Guide

Same problem here.  Since 1st week of August.

SoundMixPro
Guide
Guide

You are not alone.  Me too.

SoundMixPro
Guide
Guide

Welcome to the club.  You are one of many with the same problem.  

MBinWG
Guide
Guide

Was just woke up with Alexa telling me motion detected outside!!! Scared the scrap out of me since it's been two weeks of Alexa staying quiet and the volume was set very loud. Will completely test in morning but I think we are back in business. FYI it was just a racoon.😊

Thanks Arlo.

cedtang
Guide
Guide

Yes it just triggered!

IMG_2207.png

KSILBY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Woohoo!! Our motion routine started working this am!! 8/17/22

Istar
Aspirant
Aspirant

8/17/22 Comfirmed Working as well ! 

SherrieB
Guide
Guide
As with much of the community, my motion announcements suddenly stopped a couple of weeks ago. I tried everything, opened a ticket with Arlo, chatted with many Arlo Representatives and also chatted with Alexa... Both acted like it was the other ones problem. Like the rest of the community we have tried everything to no avail. My workaround was a Google speaker that I had and I opened up Google home and turned on my announcements through that. Well this morning at 4:30 I started getting announcements out of Alexa again as did my Google. So someone solved the problem somewhere because I hadn't done anything different. I hope everyone else's has started working today too!!
V3nom
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s working yes!!
Renett21
Tutor
Tutor
My Alexa started sending me notifications again this morning. It’s only motion notifications it was telling me if it was a person or whatever I would have settings on. But at least it’s sending something. Been back and forth with Arlo trying to get this fixed .
Renett21
Tutor
Tutor
My notifications started working with Alexa this morning.
Renett21
Tutor
Tutor
It started working this morning been talking to Arlo for over a week hopefully it is fixed
Jameschao143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, mine is also started working.
After I see your note and I try mine yes is working again. Hopefully stay working.