Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

local storage and activity zone requirements?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
snydroponic
Follower
Follower

1) So I have to purchase a subscription service in order to record video to my smarthub local USB memory drive? I purchased the smarthub with the intention of storing my videos locally through the USB memory stick. 

2) Activity Zones are also apparently only for subscription? I get a message telling me I need to plug into AC power my camera to activate activity zones. It is a wireless camera, the Pro4 doesn't plug into anything. Yet on my other exactly the same Pro4 it miraculously allows me to do activity zones. 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@snydroponic wrote:

1) So I have to purchase a subscription service in order to record video to my smarthub local USB memory drive? I purchased the smarthub with the intention of storing my videos locally through the USB memory stick. 

No, Local Storage does not require a subscription.

@snydroponic wrote:

2) Activity Zones are also apparently only for subscription? I get a message telling me I need to plug into AC power my camera to activate activity zones. 

Activity zones either require a subscription or AC power.  When on AC power, the camera itself is applying the zones.  However, that takes too much power to do on battery.  So the zone is applied in the cloud when on battery power, and that requires a subscription.