Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how can i increase the length of recordings

Discussion stats
johnmac
Aspirant
Aspirant

38 REPLIES 38
MrRed
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got off the phone with tech support and you have to  be on the primary account not the access granted. And everything in the directions is there with the pencil. 

JPFINLEY
Aspirant
Aspirant

This option appears to have disappeared. I cant find it under rules.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JPFINLEY,

Recording length is adjustable within the rules for each camera. For a step by step guide on adjusting recording length, take a look here: How do I adjust the video recording length?

JamesC

NorthFLguy81
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm unable to change the length of video on the website but found it works on the mobile app.

The web site lets you get all the way up to changing the time but the save button is missing. I've clicked mode, the pencil next to armed, edit, and the pencil next to record video. This screen shows the length of time adjustment bar, but seems to be missing a save button. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's one of the quirks of the interface.  Sometimes, Save is on the bottom, sometimes on the top.  And sometimes, you just have to use Back and then use Save, once for the rule and another for the mode.

Darlaj
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I increase the time to 120 seconds there is no save button and it goes right back to 10.  How do I save?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depends on whether you're using the app or a browser. If there's a save button, use it. If not use Back. In both cases be sure to save the rule and then the mode.

radioandrew
Guide
Guide

Sorry, but I still cant see HOW to increase the LENGTH of Video Recordings.

I have clicked SETTINGS both at the top and at the side, and have changed MODES but all to no avail, still no RULES.

Is there a YouTube video of what to do here?

How does somthing apparently so easy actually be so difficult and generate so many User questions?

Can your GUI people please look into this area?

Many thanks . . .

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
Don't use the default Armed mode. Create your own “My Armed“ mode. In it create the rules and in the rules define your desired video recording length.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't know if you're using old information or just haven't used the interface enough.  There are FAQs and videos available here under the Support links on these pages or use https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/

To change the various settings for what your cameras do when activated, click on the Mode tab, then on your base station.  There you will find your modes.  The default ones are Armed and Disarmed.  As suggested above, try not to modify the default modes so you always have a working mode to fall back on.  However, if you edit the Armed mode, you'll see a rule for each camera.  Edit the rules and you'll find the sensitivity and length settings.  Make sure you save any changes - sometimes they're on the same page, sometimes one staep back.

It would be better to look at the Armed mode and then create your own to your tastes.  Note that when creating a mode, only one rule is set up[ for one camera.  To add other rules/cameras, edit the mode again.  Rinse and repeat.

nateshort5
Aspirant
Aspirant

after tapping settings I do not see the word "RULES".  I am trying to change the length of recordings.  Help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're using old directions.  Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes/rules.  The default is Armed - try not to change that but use it as an example.  Create your own mode and add a rule for one camera.  Save. Reedit the new mode and add additional cameras as desired.  Save each one and the mode.  ANy camera with no rule is disarmed.

edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not see a Rules option on the drop down list under settings.  Has the oricedure change in an update?

edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Never mind.  just saw that the instructions hade indeed changed