Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Why can't I change the notification sound and remove the vibration?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Snareman
Tutor
Tutor

Almost every other app I use allows me to use custom notification sounds. Why doesn't Arlo have this capability?  I'd imagine it's a pretty standard part of writing the code for an app.  Also, I want to remove the vibration, which also isn't possible.  Will either of these things ever happen?

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Snareman,

Changing the app notification sound is not currently a supported feature of the Arlo app. I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and post or support the existing threads related to this suggestion. Depending on your device, you may be able to silence the vibration for incoming app notifications. For example, on an Android device this option is located under Settings, Sounds and Notifications, Vibration intensity.

JamesC

Snareman
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the response.  I've already posted over in the exchange idea area, as have many others on this topic.  There are basic things over there that should have been implemented in the initial product launch (like this feature) that have just been sitting for 6+ months.  This is not a big request.  This should be a simple app update, a feature that every other app on my phone has.  Someone posted over there the idea to actually listen to and implement the things that people are posting there.  

stevobandito
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please enable custom sound for Arlo alerts... 

Kfern
Tutor
Tutor

The fact that such a basic feature is not implemented a year later is infuriating...

wee_ag
Aspirant
Aspirant
Agreed... Is this even in the works?