Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
rbeckley
Initiate
Initiate

My camera is set up in a home on MST.  I want to monitor it from a location in EST.  When I edit the schedule for camera, and set different modes for different times, should I set the times for MST (where the camera is loacted) or EST (where I am located)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rbeckley wrote:

My camera is set up in a home on MST.  I want to monitor it from a location in EST.  When I edit the schedule for camera, and set different modes for different times, should I set the times for MST (where the camera is loacted) or EST (where I am located)?

what ever floats your boat... you know the time difference between where your monitoring vs the location.. I would think you would want to view in local time but that's up to you as the camera really records in epoch time anyway ( check the file names for the long number... its gmt also )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AnthonyArmato
Luminary
Luminary

Times are set based on the base stations time setting.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

rbeckley wrote:

what ever floats your boat... you know the time difference between where your monitoring vs the location.. I would think you would want to view in local time but that's up to you as the camera really records in epoch time anyway ( check the file names for the long number... its gmt also )

Morse is faster than texting!
Rickg737
Aspirant
Aspirant
My cameras are two hours behind I want them to record in live time so if there is a incident it up to date with the time for my area
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rickg737,

Check your time zone settings and make sure you have your local time zone selected. Log in to your Arlo account, navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > choose your time zone from the drop down selection.

JamesC

bigfrank
Initiate
Initiate

JamesC wrote:

Rickg737,

Check your time zone settings and make sure you have your local time zone selected. Log in to your Arlo account, navigate to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > choose your time zone from the drop down selection.

JamesC

That solution does not work for me as well. Arlo is still 2 hours behind! I need PST and I would have to set it to Hawaiin time. As much as I would like to be in Hawaii that is not the case. FIX THIS PLEASE! Incase of legal issues THIS IS CRUCIAL!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bigfrank,

You can change the time zone for your base station to PST by logging in to your Arlo account and navigating to Settings > My Devices > select your base station > select PST from the drop down. This will set the displayed time for content in your library to PST.

JamesC