Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
stomp442
Initiate
Initiate

A while ago, I decided to try out the beta geofencing option under the available modes. And, it worked awesome. However, with more than one smartphone in the house, it wasn't an ideal situation. As others might have already posted, when that one phone leaves the specified area, the system arms, leaving the people in the fence, tripping up the motion detection, and filming themselves frequently. So, for a time period, I switched back to a daily schedule, to stop the flood of notifications.

Yesterday, after the Arlo app updated, I decided to try again. I updated my app. Then installed the app on my wife's phone. Setup geofencing from my phone, and made sure that the app saw my phone within the zone. I then installed the app on my wife's phone, and, using the admin account (not a delegate account), configured fencing from her phone, and made sure that her phone reported that it was inside the zone. All looked good.

This morning, to test, I left the house early, to go to work. I received an alert that the system had armed. Meaning that I'd left the zone, and all of the cameras were in paranoia-mode. I called my wife to check her app, and it reported that I'd left the zone and the system was armed up. However, no motion was detected within our house for about an hour, when suddenly, the system decided that it saw motion.

Then, I started getting deluged with alerts, and was forced to fall back, again, to a daily schedule.

Have others experienced this? Is there a solution to using multiple devices with fencing?

30 REPLIES 30
oweck
Initiate
Initiate

We're having the same issue.. 

My husband has the 'friend' account and it used to work perfectly, that when one of us was within/out of the geofencing zone it would disarm/arm, but now for some reason has stopped working. It won't arm/disarm whenever he is out of or in the geo-zone, but instead just receives a pop up notifying him that he's in or out of the zone... not helpful. We have uninstalled & reinstalled the apps from both of our phones and checked that all settings are correct but still not working. Help?!

ebobulous9
Initiate
Initiate
Exact same issue and symptoms as Jamokebob.
kvnguyen
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue.  I added a shared account to geofecing.  But it seems like it only works on the primary (admin) account.  Whenever my phone (with admin account) left the zone, it arms the system even the other shared account still in the zone.  Very disappointed.

Anssi
Tutor
Tutor

I experinced the same problem, but when I disable the shader account from geofencing and save the setting. Then re-enable it, the system disarms as designed.

Don't know if the correct operation persists, but at least this is a temporary fix.

Anssi
Tutor
Tutor

So far, so good... Smiley Happy

Still perfect operation after 1 day and several events.

So this seems to correct the issue.

jwfis
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anssi thank you. This solved my issue as well.