Schedule doesn't work

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
Marbles
Follower
Follower

I'm getting a bit frustrated with this schedule system... it doesn't seem to work properly.  Its almost like it thinks I'm on a different time zone... I'm in canada and have selected GMT. time zone.  The camera's display the correct time when I take a picture.

Here's a perfect example, Its 9:27pm right now and my system says "motion on" but my schedule is only actually set to start at 12 midnight and stop at 6am??? And then, it doesn't turn on after midnight when I actually want it to record... 

How do I rectify this? 

28 REPLIES 28
djs73
Aspirant
Aspirant

For me the problem lies in the sunday/monday start of the week. In the planner weeks start on sundays but in reality the schedule starts the week on mondays. In effect my programmed schedule 'jumps' a day. Very frustrating indeed.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Marbles wrote:

I'm getting a bit frustrated with this schedule system... it doesn't seem to work properly.  Its almost like it thinks I'm on a different time zone... I'm in canada and have selected GMT. time zone.  The camera's display the correct time when I take a picture.

Here's a perfect example, Its 9:27pm right now and my system says "motion on" but my schedule is only actually set to start at 12 midnight and stop at 6am??? And then, it doesn't turn on after midnight when I actually want it to record... 

How do I rectify this? 

If I understand the above correctly, your problem is the time zone.  You have it set to GMT - Greenwich Mean Time - which is 5 hours before EST - Eastern Standard Time.  Don't know where you actually are but your settings would start the schedule at least 4 hours (we're in daylight saving time now) before your local time.

ihavealegohead
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. I have a flat schedule (start and stop times are the same every day). I did a full re-init on my station which cause the camera's to un-sync (so have them all ready when you do this)  -- but still no luck.

Way to may bugs in something that should be so simple.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a very similar schedule which works fine.  Make sure the rules have a camera defined and that the mode (right above rules in Settings) have GREEN checks, not black, for the appropriate rules.

djs73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I understand about the green and black checks, but that is not my problem. I have a schedule that is almost the same every day except for wednesdays and fridays. My wife works from home on those days. If I look at the schedule, all looks fine, just like I want it. When I activate the schedule however, Arlo starts the week on monday, not on sunday like it says in the schedule tool. In effect my schedule for wednesday activates tuesday and friday activates on thursdays. 

Off course I can work around this bug but I shouldn't have to, or maybe I'm at fault here and missing something?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, misunderstood.  My schedule also starts with Monday and ends with Sunday but I don't see where that's a problem other than for display purposes. Either way you have to slog through the days to set up the schedule so, other than not noticing that the week starts with Monday, it's the same thing, at least to me.  Or maybe I'm just not following your logic, which wouldn't be the first time (ask my wife).

Edit: Re-reading your reply makes me think that you're using an iOS device which seems to have an issue with the schedule display (I don't "do" Apple so can't officially comment). Perhaps that's the issue?  If so, use a web browser which should fix you up until a fixed app is available.

Ksti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and found an interesting difference in time settings. I can set the clock on the camera to be the correct time in the Base Station Settings, but the schedule thinks the time is 1-2 hours off from this. I am using the web based portal. I am still working on actual differences in time and will report my findings.

ihavealegohead
Aspirant
Aspirant

Jquerdat-- I use Chrome to set my shedule.  It is the same EVERY day. Therefore there is no excuse to do anything different no matter what day it is. Right now it's 9am, yet all my cameras are reporting motion. The only way to turn off the motion detection, is to deactivate the schedule. 

Screenshot_3.png

^^ Above the FrontDoor is set to only monitor the front door. The mode and rules are correct, as is the timezone. Still it doesn't work.  I've spent hours with Tech Support and at the end of two of my 2 hour sessions they tell me to delete my base station and re-init it. 

Screenshot_5.png

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, got nothing for you unless your timezone is somehow off.

Ksti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I have my schedule set for every day to have Motion On at 6:00 PM, but today, it sent me a notification that it detected motion at 3:00 PM. Sure enough, when I checked, Motion On was set. The only way to turn it off was to turn off my schedule. It worked fine the other day.

DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Community members,

Our Engineering team is working on creating a fix for the MST/GMT issue.

We are aware of the negative impact this is having on our MST/GMT users and are working very quickly to get this resolved.

As a temporary fix/ work around you can set your timezone to MST and set your schedule for 6 hours ahead.

Please let me know if this helps as a temporary solution.

As soon as the fix is in production, the Community will be the first to know!

Thank you all for your time and patience.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

ihavealegohead
Aspirant
Aspirant
I would like to have a patch rather than a workaround.
djs73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not sure my problem is timezone related (umt/gmt) . See the screenshots for an illustration of my problem.

ArloChrome.JPG

The above is a screenshot from within Chrome on my pc, below is the screenshot from the app on my iPhone.

IMG_3293.PNG

The schedule on my pc starts sunday (zondag) and on my iPhone on monday (maandag). The one on my iPhone seems to be the one that arlo follows. In effect, the schedule that I programmed on my pc is off by one day.

ihavealegohead
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good Luck getting a fix - they haven't updated the firmware since May - if it's not to late return the product. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Firmware was recently updated for both camera and base.

ihavealegohead
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

Screenshot_1.png

Mpgraham
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar problem. My cameras continue to detect motion when they're scheduled off. Even if I manually shut them off and override the schedule, they still remain on. Weird.
JohnR
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Mpgraham, 

I would like to know if you have tried to resync the cameras to the base station? You can follow the steps on this link. If you can also send me a PM of the screenshots of your rules and modes, I can try to help you isolate the issue. I cannot find your unit on our data center, it might have been registered using a different email, so I cannot check the status and firmware versions. 

Looking forward to your update. 

Thanks, 

JohnR

Arlo Team

Thanks,

JohnR
Netgear Community Team
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

ihavealegohead wrote:

jguerdat wrote:

Screenshot_1.png

That's an app version, not firmware. If you're having issues with the app, try using a supported web browser. If that works uninstall and reinstall the app.

delit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is this issue fixed yet? 

Bought Arlo cameras for about two weeks ago. The schedule doesn't work for me. Timezone: GMT +1. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

delit,

Are you getting an error message when trying to access the schedule? What is occurring that indicates that the schedule is not working. What browser/mobile app are you using? Please let us know so we can further assist you in solving the issue!

JamesC

advanced
Tutor
Tutor
Mine isn't working either, purchased 2 weeks ago. All I know is I meticulously set the times and dates using my iPhone and when cameras are scheduled to record on motion, they remain off. I missed a mail thief a couple nights ago because schedule didn't work. Mail all over the ground. Important to fix fast Arlo! Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

advanced,

Consider checking your mode set for motion detection to make sure the rules you have for the cameras are active within that mode. It sounds like the cameras that missed the event may not have had motion detection active at the time.

Regards,

JamesC

advanced
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks James,

Well, indeed motion detection was not active at the time because "Schedule" didn't turn them on when it was programmed to do so. All modes and rules were set for it. I've since confirmed they do not work when scheduled to. Somewhere I saw Netgear's quick fix by using a different time zone than where I live. I'll hold off and assume Netgear will have an actual fix soon. Otherwise, even with the short recording lag, this camera system is AWESOME.