Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
beckettpauln
Guide
Guide

I'm currently having work done in my home which means my "armed" (due to geofencing - and the fact that I'm away from the home) cameras are going crazy and I'm being inundated with alerts in my iOS app!

I would prefer not to disarm the cameras because I might forget to re-arm them... but I would like to temporarily disarm them!

Is it possible to add a function to temporarily set a do not disturb status (and suppress notifications) on one or many Arlo cameras?!?

The function could be... 1) select which cameras, 2) select time period that notifications are suppressed on the selected camera/cameras!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In Settings, under camera there is an on/ off toggle for the camera.

It is more intended for privacy when sharing cameras, but will allow its use tomsuit your needs.

You won't forget because the live view screen has a label across it saying offline

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
beckettpauln
Guide
Guide
Thanks although I don't feel the functionality quite hits the spot.

Even though th screen has an offline label, I would require me to log back into Arlo to see that screen. I only want to log into Arlo if I really have to... most probably because of an alert.

So the on/off toggle is good, but I would welcome a notifications off for x mins feature. Therefore I could set the camera notifications to be off for 120 mins whilst a cleaner is at the home, or for 600 mins (10 hours) whilst work is being done.

then after that period of time, the notifications come back on.

The Motorola Hubble app seems to have a similar feature that works well
Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation