Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing and multi device

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Manltf
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo Pro (firmware 1.8.2.4), iPhone 7

The geofencing small radius setting is still very large when I live. It covers few hundreds meters radius around my home. Arlo Pro revert to Home setting when I am still 5mins walking distance away from home. Could you please update the app so that I could adjust the radius myself?

Also, while either my iPhone (main device) or my wife (invited device) is at home using geofencing. The arlo Pro is still on armed mode, is there a way so that when either one of the device is at home, the arlo would be set at disarm mode?

Thanks, Lawrence

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The radius can already be set to small, medium or large. You choose it on the map - what's your's set to? Or are you asking for an infinitely variable adjustment?

Manltf
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have already set it to be small, but it is still consider to be large in a practical standpoint , because when it detects I am within the small radius. It still takes 5mins for me to walk back home. I would like to see if we can set the radius to be super super small (radius of 10m) or users can adjust freely themselves. Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A suggestion you could make in the suggestions forum would be to add a setting for how you arrive home. My August Smartlock uses that (walking, driving, bicycle) as part of the setup. Maybe that suggestion would be implemented.
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation