Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yardbull
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set rules and I have two modes basically motion on, motion off. I want motion between 10 pm and 8 am with remaining having no motion on. After putting this into the schedule I activate the schedule and the motion detectors turn on for each camera during the scheduled time off. Have rebuilt the schedule more than once with the same results motion tuns on. Scratching my head. Anyone out there that can help

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only thing I can think of is to check the rules although I don't think that's the problem.  Worst case, I'd reset the base station and start as if it was a new system.  Weird.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

An easy test to check the MODES are to turn them on and check the 'running man' status.

ALL MOTION ON, in camera live view screen, all 'men' will be green

All MOTION OFF, all 'men' will be gray

If your mode turns motion on 1 camera, then that 1 camera will be green, all others gray... etc

If the runing man doesn't follow the modes set, it's a setup rule/mode problem.

PS; ONLY ONE MODE CAN Active at a time !

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Yardbull
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your help. I did power off the system last night is that the same as a reset. Also when I went bed last night I turned on the Manuel motion on. When I got up I found the mode had switched to schedule sometime during the night. I am going to leave it alone and see if it activates the motion a 10 pm tonight. If it does not then I still have a problem
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Yardbull,

Performing a factory reset is a bit more involved than powering off your system.

Here are the steps to achieve a factory reset:

Push the Reset button (on the back of the base station) and the Sync button (on the side of the base station) for about 10 seconds or until all the LED lights on the base station blink amber. This procedure returns the base station to its factory settings. After doing a factory reset on the base station, rerun the setup procedure. The factory reset removes the base station from the account. If your cameras were synced to the base station, you might need to sync the cameras again after the base station comes back online. For more information, see How do I set up and sync my Arlo cameras?

Before trying the factory reset on your Base Station, please refer to this article What's the easiest way to use motion detection?

For more information regarding the Modes, you may also want to refer to this article: What are Modes and how do I use them?

Please let me know if this helps!

I look forward to your response.

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

Yardbull
Aspirant
Aspirant
I think I figured it out. I have always modified the original schedule instead of clicking on new schedule., to set my desired times. Hope this is what I was doing wrong