Record 24/7?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
cuwris
Follower
Follower
How do I get cameras to record automatically everyday without having to wait for motion to initiate recording??
5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically, you can't.  Becuase they're battery devices, you'd be changing batteries twice a day.  You can manually record but it's apparently only for 30 minutes maximum due to battery constraints.  This is the wrong system for constant recording - it's all motion-based.

fleetvan
Tutor
Tutor

That would have been nice to know before I just spent $500 on the system.  I mounted one camera in the trees and now I've got to chop a bunch of branches off to I don't get false motions...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I understand the frustration, believe me, but part of this is researching the system(s) and understanding the technology before buying. That doesn't help you right now but understand that ANY system relying on motion detection is going to have the same problem. Choice of location as well as the specific system makes all the difference in the world.

Dyan
Initiate
Initiate

will it resume recording once it detects motion?  or will it just time out in 30 minutes. period.  ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Two different things.  Live view for the wireless cameras will time out after 30 minutes continuous viewing to save batteries.  Motion detection will cause a recording to occur.  If detectable motion is still present after the recording is done, another video will be created after the system resets for detection.  Note that the motion still needs to be in the proper orientation (across the FOV) for additional recording to occur, which may or may not be the case since the subject is moving around, potentially in a different direction. A possible solution for this is to use longer recording times so detection isn't required.

The Q camera is constantly streaming and live view doesn't time out unless the connection is somehow broken.