Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

recording time

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Terri1161
Follower
Follower

Since the application was updated (Dec 28 on my iphone), there is no longer a pencil to adjust the camera settings.  How do I adjust the video record time now?  Each camera seems to be have defaulted to 14 seconds.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, select system, edit your mode(s). Each rule has a setting for time.

cmward7
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can get to the page where there is the sliding green bar to adjust for both motion sensitivity and recording time, but I find the slider (circle) all the way to the left side, and I can not move it to the right. On the far right (where there would usually be the maximum sensitivity (e.g. 100) and time settings) it shows either {{getMotionSensitivity()}} or {{getDuration()}} sec .

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Browser or app?  If the browser, try a different one and/or flush the browser's cache to see if that helps.  If the app, try reinstalling it.

jrw46
Apprentice
Apprentice

I READ HOW TO SET TIME OF RECORDING BUT AFTER CLICKING ON MODE THE OPTIONS FOR RECORDEING TIME DON'T SHOW UP.  WHY HIDE THESE CONTROLS. I WOULD EXPECT TO FIND THE LENGTH OF RECORDING TIME FOR EITHER CAM UNDER THE MENU ITEM TITLED SETTINGS.  WHATS THE POINT OF HIDING THESE CONTROLS???

SO TELL ME AGAIN HOW DO I ADJUST THE LENGHT OF RECODERING.

I WANTED TO INCLUDE A SCREEN VIEW BUT NOW THAT OPTION HAS DISAPPEARED... OR MAYBE THAT OPTION IS HIDING UNDER ANOTHER MENU OPTION, I DON'T KNOW.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

DON'T SHOUT! 🙂

The update around the beginning of the year changed where you make the various recording options to be all together. You started out in the right place, in the Mode tab, but didn't continue far enough. Once in the mode tab, you have to choose your system/base station. Once in the next screen you can choose the various modes to edit (note that the schedule is just the schedule, not a mode). In any mode that activates the cameras such as Armed you can choose the pencil icon to edit it and make any settings you choose, including length of recording or taking a snapshot. Be sure to save as you exit.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation