Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 40 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
bobbeth
Follower
Follower

How can I get the PC  arlo app?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PC apps are just your internet browser...chrome, firefox, IE  ( check needed version levels): https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

PC apps are just your internet browser...chrome, firefox, IE  ( check needed version levels): https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login

Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

A universal app on Windows Runtime environemnt would be great. Xbox One, Windows Phone, Windows 8.1 , Windows 10 . 

Native OS X client would be nice too. Webapps are ok and all, but that flash requirement is ridiculous. Use some HTML5 tags guys. Mobile seems to be.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Does anyone know why the web pages require Adobe Flash to work?  This limits their usefulness to non-mobile devices only.  Since the apps don't use Flash, one would think it wouldn't be too difficult to make a web page that doesn't use Flash either.

This is especially problematic to those using Windows Phone devices, since there is no app for them.

charles
Initiate
Initiate

Need to get my arlo software and PC recognize cameras

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Charles,

No, there is no software needed. Simply create an account by visiting: https://arlo.netgear.com/#/login and activate your Arlo system.

If you are experiencing issues with the installation process please let us know the details and we will try to assist you further.

Best Regards,
Christine

Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
RX
Guide
Guide

Just sharing... Here is what I did, I installed BlueStacks on my Asus laptop running Windows7 Ultimate so that it could run Android Apps.  After installing BlueStacks, then I installed the Arlo app through it so that I could monitor the cameras using my laptop.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cool idea but why not just use a browser?

RX
Guide
Guide

I am also using a browser: https://arlo.netgear.com (preferred and convenient method when using a PC or laptop) - It is just that I want to share the workaround of using BlueStacks since the discussion is about using Arlo app on a PC 🙂 

dawz2
Initiate
Initiate

You can make an "app" using Google's Chrome browser.

• Login to view your cameras using Chrome.
  • Go to "More Tools" in the Chrome options.
  • Then click "Create Application shortcuts..."
  • You will be given the option to create a Desktop or Start menu shortcut or Pin to Taskbar.
  • If you use "Pin to Taskbar", you get an icon like this...  ArloAppIcon.JPG
  • When you open the "app", you get a resizable window that looks like this...ArloApp.JPG

Hope this helps!

Deepsea
Initiate
Initiate

So if the internet is down or phone/cable to yout ISP cut, can you view the live feed from your cameras from your PC or your mobile device remotely?

Here's the use case: Burglar cuts the cable supplying internet to my house, no more internet. Will I be able to see live feeds on my app? Will I get motion detection alerts? Will I get recorded footage of their actions on the Arlo cloud? If any of the answers are NO, I think a PC app or App for live feeds that can be run from a device Chromecast or Firebox accessing feeds locally, without the need of an internet connection, is a no brainer.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Deepsea wrote:

So if the internet is down or phone/cable to yout ISP cut, can you view the live feed from your cameras from your PC or your mobile device remotely?

Answer is No of course.

Then again if the burglar pulls the meter from your elec service ( a very simple thing to do, takes < 1 min ) nothing in you home will work either.

There is always a way to beat a system.

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

This is an old thread, but there are a few points to make here:

It's now 8/29/2016, and the Web App is not working for me.  The Smart Phone App works without issue, as would a local PC app if there was one.

In so far as pulling the power:

A smart person installs the ARLO system with a UPS in a locked cabinette where it evades inital scrutany.  Both my internet connection and the power to the firewall (an actual firewall / IPS) are redundant. If they cut the power to the house or cut the connection to the internet, the connection picks right back up.  (Heck, the alarm does the same thing by design.)

In a day and age where your house pretty much needs an internet connection, everyone should at least have a UPS that will run their router and ARLO for 30-60 mintues.  (In my case it's about 3 hours, but I'm using a large UPS - and, yes, they are hidden and do not beep.)

GB

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

GBMaryland wrote:

It's now 8/29/2016, and the Web App is not working for me.  The Smart Phone App works without issue, as would a local PC app if there was one.

Issues with the web are usually 1) the browser itself or Flash (try a different browser) and/or 2) anti-virus/malware software, particularly BitDefender, blocking access.

light369
Aspirant
Aspirant

After I change battery on the cameras, The pc software does not recognize the camera.  I delete the cameras and added new cameras and resynch.  Look like it synch ok with the blue flashing light of camera dn the steady lisght of the base station. The cameras still not show up??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base. ALos, try the app and a different browser - sometimes it's just a display issue.  If one or both of those work, try flushing the caache for the first browser.

Nuts4Cats
Guide
Guide

I don't know what this means. Is there an app I can use on my iMac or not? If not, how are you saying to use a browser to substitute for an app?

GBMaryland
Tutor
Tutor

There is NO PC (iMac or PC) app for ARLO.... it's all through the web app over the internet.

Problem with the web app are usually related to SSL connection interfearance from anti-virus, like BitDefender (which requires being turned off as it does not work even with white listing).

Nuts4Cats wrote:

I don't know what this means. Is there an app I can use on my iMac or not? If not, how are you saying to use a browser to substitute for an app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unless BD has been changed, there are ways to set it up to allow access for Arlo without turning it off.  A search here should find you solutions.

wvlucas
Guide
Guide

I agree. These are some good questions and they should be answered.

How about it Netgear... are there answers for these questions?

Zsecurity
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need am app for my Kindle tablet

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Zsecurity wrote:

I need am app for my Kindle tablet

Not available.... Tho the Kindle is based and runs Android, the shell that Amazon puts over it does not make it 100% compatible.