Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Q record more than 15 secs to cloud

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
snapjackson
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Q with the additional CVR service and it only records 15 sec at a time to the cloud, is it possible to have it record longer segments at a time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but you'll need to edit or create a new mode to do so. By default the Armed mode is used. Go to the Mode tab, click on your Q and edit the Armed mode. Change the length of recording as appropriate. Be sure to save as you back out of the rule and mode.

It's usually better to create your own mode rather than modify the default one. That way you always have a good example to work with.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but you'll need to edit or create a new mode to do so. By default the Armed mode is used. Go to the Mode tab, click on your Q and edit the Armed mode. Change the length of recording as appropriate. Be sure to save as you back out of the rule and mode.

It's usually better to create your own mode rather than modify the default one. That way you always have a good example to work with.

bdviets
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found that to record video longer than 15s, you do need to create a new mode, not just modify a defalt one.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can change the recording time in the default Armed mode but it's really better to create your own custom mode(s).

bdviets
Aspirant
Aspirant

Many times, on both my computer & iPhone I tried to increase the time in the defalt armed mode, but there was no "save" button and going back in, it would reset to 15s.  My only fix was to create a new mode.  Note:  I only have the free, basic service.  But with a created, new mode, I can adjust the recording time.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation