Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting notifications since shortly after update.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Dannyalbro
Follower
Follower
Im not getting any notifications shortly after this recent update. I haven't changed any settings. Cameras are still recording.
35 REPLIES 35
Matty83
Star
Star

jguerdat I went through everyones answers, like i said i came here for answers and there isnt any.

I read through the whole topic, done a reset, gone to edit mode which is the little pencil and like others aswell as me, its not there. NO ANSWERS including YOURS but i did figure it out and what i have figured out isnt listed yet.

In order to get 'push notification' on, you have to go to 'CUSTOM MODE' and re-tick it. There is 'edit mode' like you said and even under schedule but there is no option for push notification, it just shows your time table and thats it.

No one mentioned that. 

CUSTOM MODE

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
I appreciate all the positive input on here even if not helpful with my issues. We are all just sharing and looking for suggestions. We don't work for Netgear. Thanks to all with good attitudes.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The need to go to a custom mode indicates that that is the mode you're using. Editing the proper mode is always the answer.

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

Not getting aol alerts set phone app

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

Checked that still not working

Ekul
Tutor
Tutor

Turn of router and back on still have problem

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ekul,

If you have checked your settings and made sure e-mail notifications are active and you are still not receiving notifications, this could mean AoL has blacklisted e-mails from Arlo. Consider contacting AoL to see if this is the case. You can also try entering a different e-mail to receive notifications to further isolate the issue.

JamesC

AnnFetter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have always received beeps on my cell when the camera was activated until this week. My email is still recording, but no notice to my cell. What is wrong?

Thank you for your help.

Ann Fetter

newlifeministry@juno.com

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention what phone/OS is being used.  In any event, check the phone settings and ensure that notifications for the Arlo app are enabled.  Also, check your various modes/rules to ensure the notifications haven't been disabled (Mode tab, select system, edit modes).  If everything checks out, try reinstalling the app.

westie1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am not getting any e-mails or pushes.  Makes the system worthless.  None of your directions work. I reset every thing I can.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting videos? Are the running men in the cameras tab gray or black? If gray, you'll never get videos or notifications. Check the modes tab to see what mode is active, if any.