Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Not getting notifications since shortly after update.

Discussion stats
  • 35 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Dannyalbro
Follower
Follower
Im not getting any notifications shortly after this recent update. I haven't changed any settings. Cameras are still recording.
35 REPLIES 35
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, choose system, edit modes. Make sure notifications are enabled.

vrocca
Aspirant
Aspirant

That option doesn't show up. I can only edit the schedule on the Mode tab

Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting notifications haven't changed settings. Cameras still record.
Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not getting notifications haven't changed settings. Cameras still record. Mode tab shows motion on but rest of options are blank. This started today.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit a mode and change the notifications settings.

Boat52
Apprentice
Apprentice

On the phone with tech help for hours! They did a server update yesterday and things did not go 100%. I stopped receiving e-mail notifications, but could still get text vis my cell phone carrier. In the custom mode, I can not add a new e-mail adress. Also in the standard armed  mode, I have 5 rules for 4 cameras. I cannot delete the second rule for one camera.

Very buggy stuff here and the upgrades the company does seems to mess things up....short term. Wished they would annouce it some way to users. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Boat52 wrote:

I have 5 rules for 4 cameras. I cannot delete the second rule for one camera.

I have an open ticket for not being able to add a rule to an existing mode (I save but it's not there).  WHat device and OS are you using?  I'm having the issue with the Android app on devices with 5.1.1 and 6.0.1.  Just thinking it might be related.

Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using Android galaxy 4 server sprint. Very unhappy. Cameras record but still no notifications. I have been very happy till now. Have recommended to friends . But won't do that anymore.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You never said if you checked your modes to verify the notifications settings.

Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mode screen is blank now.
mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
I figured out that all these suggestions are not necessary- last time notifications stopped for me, I tried everything and nothing worked. Latte it started working again and I got moderator info weeks later that it was upgrade. Frustrating.
Doglover94602
Aspirant
Aspirant
I cannot receive notifications on my phone anymore and neither can my husband. All was working fine until yesterday. We were recently broken into and this is very concerning and needs addressed. We both have IPhones.
Doglover94602
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, select system, edit modes. Verify notifications are enabled.

Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine has done same thing since 8th. My cameras record still but no notifications. Mode page is blank except for motion on. Everything else blank. Worked fine till upgrade. Have tried suggestions on page. Nothing works. I am becoming very disappointed in this product.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? Try the other. Also, a power reset via the power switch may help.

Matty83
Star
Star

Same here,

I came on here to seek answers and there is nothing.

Gone through everything on my phone(iphone) and mac. 

You go to the mode tab and when i go to schedule to 'edit' there is nothing except the time table of when i have cameras on and off. Since the update there is no more notification options, not under 'schedule' mode anyway.

I even went through iphone app settings for push notification, everything is on under the arlo app.

Why would Netgear release an update when all they have done is go backwards? how bout some new fatures, not like one of the other updates that was for social media.

Netgear dont seem to be taking this serious.

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Their upgrade turned off my Push Notifications. Go under Mode. Click All motion on. Then Click pencil for All motion on. Click pencil for a camera and scroll down and turn Push Notifications on again. Repeat for other cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Matty83 wrote:

Same here,

I came on here to seek answers and there is nothing.

Gone through everything on my phone(iphone) and mac. 

You go to the mode tab and when i go to schedule to 'edit' there is nothing except the time table of when i have cameras on and off. Since the update there is no more notification options, not under 'schedule' mode anyway.

I even went through iphone app settings for push notification, everything is on under the arlo app.

Why would Netgear release an update when all they have done is go backwards? how bout some new fatures, not like one of the other updates that was for social media.

Netgear dont seem to be taking this serious.

Wow!  There are tons of answers here, all saying the same thing.

I'm not sure why you would only check the schedule.  Why not edit your modes and check the notifications settings that are there? The update disabled notifications so just turn them back on.  As for why the choice was made to turn them off by default, it's like many other choices.  If you do one thing, you get hammered.  If you made the other choice, you get hammered.  While it might be a pain, a little reading or just putzing around can be very useful.  I found the new app a bit confusing initially, too, but it didn't take long to figure it out all by myself.  I just had to look at everything.

Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant
How can anybody reset when the mode screen is blank.your suggestions go to mode doesn't do any good if screen doesn't show options
Barttg13
Aspirant
Aspirant

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary
Oh no. If it does,. Go under Mode. Click All motion on. Then Click pencil for All motion on. Click pencil for a camera and scroll down and turn Push Notifications on again. Repeat for other cameras.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And a reset via the power switch may help. Some folks have cleared issues by doing so.

Also, we can't read your mind. If there's an issue with the interface, you have to tell us. The more details you provide, the more explicit the suggestions can be.

calliedo
Tutor
Tutor

Turning off the router with the small button on the back for about 5 min.  Then back on seemed to "restart" push notifications.  It takes the router a few minutes to come on with three green again, but then all is back to normal.