Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Please can you look at APP inprovements - Seel Below suggested imporovements :-

I have the most upto date sotware up date on android device Samsung S7 - V7.0 software and up to date Arlo App as of 29th March'17.

• When clicking app on andriod phone get blank screen when I press the home button on phone it jumps back to blank arlo app screen, repeats this until I shut down the phone, becoming daily, tried uninstall and re-install of app as well and clearing cache but continues to do.
  • How quickly the app starts it takes much longer than any other app I have to on my updated S7 to connect with Base station.
  • On clickin the Arlo App to access - Option to remain signed in and not have to sign in all the time or increase the response time to get in to the app it's self would be better if quicker response time.
  • When on MODE screen improve the connection time to display Arlo Base Station - I find it takes a long than expected connection time to display Base Station Status and the length of time it takes to change status. Also we have 2 mobiles atached to my user username, when changing mode it doesn't update to the current status in the other device so when one phone say's it's armed you would expect on the other mobile it would update to current selected status.
  • Changing status from armed to idsarmed takes longer than expected.

Great app overall, but response times require drastic improvements, thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
TKNT81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Jasonsharp76,

Take a look at my post;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-Android-App-2-3-2-16308-GETTING-STATUS-BUG/td-p/1252846

I think we have the same issue, starting the Arlo app (latest version 2.3.2) takes a long time.

It shows "getting status" for up to a minute before it shows the status of the camera's and base station, or it shows "offline".

However I also found out that movements detected by any camera's still trigger a push notification to one of my two Android phones.

So the base station and camera are functioning well, also the Apple app is working ok, the Android app is (for me) the problem. If you install the previous Android Arlo app (version 2.3.1) I expect that you have no issues at all. I am using this app and everything is ok now.

Jerickson74
Aspirant
Aspirant

i can't even log in half the time.  and when i am able to, very slow response time.  it was working perfect up until a week or two ago.  

Samsung Note 5 Android version 6.0.1

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for further investigation. I will post back with an update when I have more information.

JamesC

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi TKNT81

Thanks for your post, Yes latest version 2.3.2 appears to have android issues, I too have uninstalled 2.3.2 and reisntalled 2.3.1, whilst this doesn't crash as much it's still takes a long time to connect to basestation, I have a top end router in my house and the app is very slow to respond, also having to sign in all the time is a pain as well as you then have to wait until, the layout it great just need to perfect the speed issues.

Thanks for taking time out to respond, hopefully they make take the feedback to improve the app's performance.

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hello, try uninstalling Arlo App 2.3.2 and reinstall 2.3.1, let me know if this improves? overall their are some serious improvements required as previously noted.

Mddj
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you get an old version of the app? My push notifications completely stopped on my Android and it's the main reason I use it! So that I can see motion real time and be notified when it occurs!
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

Uninstall current verison first and click or copy below - whatever works.

http://arlo.apk.black/24406181-arlo-2.3.1_16068/

This app is much more stable than 2.3.2 on my up to date on android samsung S7, many incosistances on 2.3.2 version of app, hopefully they can improve the overall speed of the app, it would also help if you didn't have to sign in everytime you go in to the app and the overall response times are very slow, other than that the layout is great just the mechanics behind that could improve.

2.3.1 is a bit quicker and doesn't crash like 2.3.2 does.

Let me know if you have any questions!

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, I was just wondering if you have had an update yet? I noticed since the 2.3.2 has been replaced 2.4_17020 with respect this lags even more that 2.3.2, freezes phone and switches camera on, I wouldn't expect this kind of quality from such a reputable company, apps should be fully functional especially with such a popular Samsung S7, I've got 5 cameras and I'm thinking of selling after 2 month, dreadful issues with App, thanks, back to 2.3.1 for now
mccosby2020
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing the app crashing on daily basis and l have to restart my phone. In addition the two way communication doesn't work on ATT LTE for me. I just got this system a month now and was super excited until this crashes started. Any solid recommendations or fixes  for this yet?

By the way l'm on samsung s7 edge on AT&T.

Dirty5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have ALL of these exact same issues, and the app going white upon clicking an alert or opening it is extremely frustrating and didn't start until recently.

Regarding the lag time it takes to view live mode and use the microphone to talk to people, I have discovered that paid subscribers (such as my sister and in-laws) do not have any lag time. They app loads immediately, live view loads immediately also, and they can speak to people using the microphone instantly. Whereas, myself, with the free 7 day cloud service, can't even get the live view mode to launch while the person is still at the door, and by the time the microphone part works, the person had been long gone for at least 2 minutes.

It's really not cool. I also don't understand what the point of telling the app to stay logged in is, if it.doesnt actually stay logged in.
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, Thanks for posting, sorry to hear your experiencing the same issues and yes the (ARLO HOPE YOUR TAKING NOTE, going by the number of reviews on Google Play for App appears NOT) ....MASSIVE delay in the app opening each time it has to sign in, wait for the camera to prepare then another delay

***ARLO THE APP IS AWFUL, LOOKS GREAT...BUT FUNCTIONALITY 0/10 !! SORT THIS OUT PEOPLE ARE PAYING GOOD MONEY FOR THIS!!

***IF YOUR THINKING OF BUYING....DONT.....UNTIL THEY SORT OUT THIS BADLY FUNCTIONING  APP!!!***

I've reverted back to Version 2.3.1_16068 - All the future ones crash my S7 - This runs a little better than the updates which Arlo has released since.

I'm still waiting on them getting back to me from around 3 months ago that they said they would look at and get back to me......Hmmm!!

ag100
Star
Star

Since Neatgear/Arlo doesn't appear to be replying and/or paying attention to this issue, does anyone by chance have an md5 hash of the legitimate 2.3.1_16068 APK.  It looks like the release notes mention it was released in January, but can't find a hash, or any way to verify the apk itself.  Thanks.

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor
Hi, sure I'm happy to assist,

https://apkplz.com/android-apps/arlo/arlo 2-3 -1-16068

Click link, then click process to download (red tab), click I'm not robot, then below click download apk (red tab), I keep on going back to this apk as the latest updates are NOT OF STANDARD that the should be, it's the best of a bad BUNCH, you'll get promted to update app all the time but this is less painful than the newer app versions

ARLO FIX YOUR ARLO APP VERSIONS IT'S A DISCRASE !!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So is your spelling and grammar.

ag100
Star
Star
Thanks jasonsharp76. I have a the apk, but have no way of verifying the integrity of it. I'm hoping Arlo will publish the MD5 hashes of their packages, but am not holding my breath. May go shopping for different cameras in the next few weeks, as this is getting ridiculous.
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ag100, I completely agree with you, I've had to put myself in the same position unfortunately it appears to function better than the other versions, this is the best version of the app that I've used its no where nearly as bad as the other versions, at least this one works, could be much more responsive though. I've had the cameras since around 4.5 months, cameras are good just a terrible functioning app, the layout is good but the functionality is terrible sadly.

I'd keep them if they fixed the app, also may consider applying for a refund.

I also done a lot of analysis on rechargeable batteries, I've bought some EAGTAV - 16340 Li-ion Rechargeable, with IC protection and a Nitecore Digi D4 charger, I have 5 cameras and they've been functioning on the batteries they came with and they've lasted well ad the main areas with movement are still in the mid 70-77%, this is a positive for the product unlike the comment that was just posted from the other user who needs to do something caring and positive with their life instead of downing others, what a waste of life's precious time, I don't have to help people with the same ARLO issues but I choose to because I care.

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi jguerdat, I have Dyslexia, thanks for downing me, please go do something positive with your time on this amazing planet!

FYI - I've also reported your unnecessary comment.

ag100
Star
Star
New version released today seems much better! I wish they communicated better, but at least the app seems functional.
Dirty5
Aspirant
Aspirant
New version? My app store says i have the updated version, no new version available. Which sucks because it's almost like each time I use the app the situation just gets worse. Now it doesn't even load half the time, and when it does, it takes - no exaggeration- 5+ minutes to do so.
ag100
Star
Star
2.4.4_17405 released today. My app updated this morning from the Play Store.
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi ag100,

Yes, I have now downloaded update from Arlo 2.4.4_17405 today, the functionality is just as good as the 2-3 -1-16068 version which the other versions in between hand failed to do, its still slow to respond to display the devices on the devices page upon signing in to the app, another improvement not needing to sign in all the time would be good if they could fix this as well.

But overall it's an improvement but still these few improvments would have the app where it should be.

Good luck with your cameras, reach out if you want to discuss anything more about them.

🙂

jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Dirty5,

Feeling your pain brother, I've been putting up with this for nearly 5 months, not saving life's here but it's been extremely frustrating.

This morning they released a new version on Google Play Store 2.4.4_17405, having tested this on my S7 it's an improvement on the other versions, may be uninstall the whole app and reinstall version 2.4.4_17405.

Let me know your thoughts after.

auglarrn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got off the chat at ARLO - very helpful and quick.  Even though my app didn't have an "update" available their recommendations was to completely uninstall the app and reinstall it - after I uninstalled the app, I restarted my phone just in case.  Once it was back up, I installed the same app and logged in - very quick to open my camera's and when I pressed the microphone to talk it didn't crash and it actually worked.  Not sure why the app wouldn't show an update when their obviously was, but like all things computer, uninstall and reinstall worked.

pie2eat
Initiate
Initiate

The latest app on Windows 10 and Android is a complete wreck.  I cannot click to share, download or do anything other than play the recording.  They fixed it until it is broken.