Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Most up to Date Arlo App has issues

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 12 In Conversation
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Please can you look at APP inprovements - Seel Below suggested imporovements :-

I have the most upto date sotware up date on android device Samsung S7 - V7.0 software and up to date Arlo App as of 29th March'17.

• When clicking app on andriod phone get blank screen when I press the home button on phone it jumps back to blank arlo app screen, repeats this until I shut down the phone, becoming daily, tried uninstall and re-install of app as well and clearing cache but continues to do.
  • How quickly the app starts it takes much longer than any other app I have to on my updated S7 to connect with Base station.
  • On clickin the Arlo App to access - Option to remain signed in and not have to sign in all the time or increase the response time to get in to the app it's self would be better if quicker response time.
  • When on MODE screen improve the connection time to display Arlo Base Station - I find it takes a long than expected connection time to display Base Station Status and the length of time it takes to change status. Also we have 2 mobiles atached to my user username, when changing mode it doesn't update to the current status in the other device so when one phone say's it's armed you would expect on the other mobile it would update to current selected status.
  • Changing status from armed to idsarmed takes longer than expected.

Great app overall, but response times require drastic improvements, thanks!

27 REPLIES 27
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, the app version I have 2.4.7_19361 works well for me on Galaxy S7, it was TERRIBLE about 9 months ago I mean like really bad! 

May be worth reinstalling and see if it's better if you've not tried this before

Gowybs
Aspirant
Aspirant
When i Bring Up my arlo account on my droid, it just keeps flashing on and off until it shuts down. I can't turn my cameras on!
jasonsharp76
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, 

What version of App are you on your Droid? on my driod the app version is 2.5.0_21265.

In the past I've founf when Arlo release an update to the app to uninstall the current app version and reinstall from the playstore, if you had the cameras around a year ago, you may have wanted to return them at the Droid app was terrible but has improved now.

May be best to try set up on a computer.