Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing screen (capture/shot)s and videos?

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

After 5 and 6 PM PDT today, I got e-mails about detected motions. There were no screen (capture/shot)s and videos in both iOS and web browsers. Did anyone run into this too? Older and newer videos after those two/2 were OK so far. Was there a server hiccup or something?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

28 REPLIES 28
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

motoflyer wrote:

Are any of you guys using 1 camera for motion and recording on another? I have a rule for Camera A to sense motion and start recording on Camera B. All my other videos show up except for this configuration. Camera B videos never show in my library. Am I missing something or is this a related bug to this discussion? Thanks for any feedback!

This is a known issue with the Android app. Netgear has been notified and is aware of the issue. Browser UI doesn't seem to be affected.

BobDemon
Aspirant
Aspirant

watch the video CLOSELY! There may have been a slight movement. I have had a bird fly by an exterior camera and set it off......only to not see anything or just a slight flicker. There is a slight delay from being triggered and when the recording starts.

BurgleMeNoMore
Guide
Guide

Im about ready to take Netgear to the evening news. Seeing so many frustrated customers and hearing/dealing with defective cameras and a service that failed to inform customers both of the defective units (a nation-wide issue) and of the systems failure to do what it is supposed to do!!!  Which is send the push notifications in a timely manner.

I corresponded with an obviously overloaded tech support person and explained that I have both experienced a recent burglary and I have a dangerous person in my life (I'm a single female, live alone) and further explained my URGENT need to receive a NON-DEFECTIVE replacement camera and be assured that no future "push notifications" would be delayed or worse. That was over a week ago. No response!  Frys Electronics was kind enough to provide a replacement for me but when I got home and tried to sync, video was pink/purple and wouldn't sync properly and thus part of this huge defective batch of cameras that someone sent out without ANY QUALITY CONTROL apparently and yet Netgear wants hundreds of customers to 1. Jump through a bunch of hoops and waste more time and 2. Send proof that the camera is defective then 3. Pay to return the product and wait/hope for a r placement that isn't defective. I'm seething at the thought alone of hundreds of people like me who spent many hours troubleshooting while Netgear kept quiet about their DEFECTIVE units. 

My issue can easily turn into one of 'life or death' since I am down one camera, their notification process cannot be trusted and my tech support/requested manager response from MORE THAN 7 days ago has NOT BEEN ANSWERED!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BurgleMeNoMore,

Please provide me (in a private message) with the case number you currently have open with support. I will review your case and escalate accordingly.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation