Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing screen (capture/shot)s and videos?

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

After 5 and 6 PM PDT today, I got e-mails about detected motions. There were no screen (capture/shot)s and videos in both iOS and web browsers. Did anyone run into this too? Older and newer videos after those two/2 were OK so far. Was there a server hiccup or something?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

28 REPLIES 28
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure it's the same thing based on your description but I've had 3 videos that show as blank on the app and web since last night.  All on the same camera. Attempting to download them gives me a failed download - "no file".

I was going to reset the camera but I'll wait for now.  As you said, videos from before, during and after are fine.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

Not sure it's the same thing based on your description but I've had 3 videos that show as blank on the app and web since last night.  All on the same camera. Attempting to download them gives me a failed download - "no file".

I was going to reset the camera but I'll wait for now.  As you said, videos from before, during and after are fine.

Yeah. Mine couldn't play and even show thumbnails.  Weird server glitches? 😕

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yup, exactly.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:
Yup, exactly.

I guess it was a server glitch. We should contact Netgear support about this issue and thread,

Others, please post if you ran into it too.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

ant wrote:

Hello.

After 5 and 6 PM PDT today, I got e-mails about detected motions. There were no screen (capture/shot)s and videos in both iOS and web browsers. Did anyone run into this too? Older and newer videos after those two/2 were OK so far. Was there a server hiccup or something?

Thank you in advance. 🙂

I just got a response from NETGEAR support:

"... Hi Ant,

We are not aware of an outage. However, we will verify this with the appropriate department and we
will get back to you..."

Stay tuned...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Here's my response from support:

This case is related to case number 24937661. We will close this case for us to be able to concentrate with the previous case. 

We have forwarded your inquiries to the appropriate department and we will get back with you. 

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

Here's my response from support:

This case is related to case number 24937661. We will close this case for us to be able to concentrate with the previous case. 

We have forwarded your inquiries to the appropriate department and we will get back with you. 

Thanks. I wonder who has 24937661. It's not mine (24937356).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yeah, mine is xxxx626. Looks like the highest number wins. 😄

Mage99
Guide
Guide

Yesterday, I have 2 missing videos but everything after that was fine. However, this morning I noticed once again I have missing videos and in the e-mail screenshot they are missing as well. So far I have reset my base but I had 2 missing videos since then. Definitely need Netgear to look into this. I had the Arlo system for about two months and I have not experienced this issue until now. Thanks!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Mage99 wrote:

Yesterday, I have 2 missing videos but everything after that was fine. However, this morning I noticed once again I have missing videos and in the e-mail screenshot they are missing as well. So far I have reset my base but I had 2 missing videos since then. Definitely need Netgear to look into this. I had the Arlo system for about two months and I have not experienced this issue until now. Thanks!

Yeah, same symptoms but I didn't reboot my base station.  Let's see what Netgear say about our issue.

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi ant (and Everyone),

Thank you all for contributing to this topic. It sounds like this issue is related to this Community post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Blank-video-Sorry-This-Video-Cannot-Be-Played/m-p/2... Can you please confirm if you see any error messages when attempting to play video from the library? If so, what error message do you see?

We are currently investigating these reports and can provide an update as soon as we are able to identify and resolve the issue. 

Thank you all for reporting this issue!

Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

Mage99
Guide
Guide

laurenc wrote:

Hi ant (and Everyone),

Thank you all for contributing to this topic. It sounds like this issue is related to this Community post: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/Blank-video-Sorry-This-Video-Cannot-Be-Played/m-p/2... Can you please confirm if you see any error messages when attempting to play video from the library? If so, what error message do you see?

We are currently investigating these reports and can provide an update as soon as we are able to identify and resolve the issue. 

Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

Hello Lauren, 

Thank you for looking into this. I don't really see an error but a white blank screenshot. When I tried to play it, it just says "Loading" and nothing happens. It seems that particular video is missing in the cloud as in your server. Thanks again. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app message is as reported - " Sorry this video cannot be played" while the web interface shows continuous "loading". Attempts to download results in failed download regardless of attempt.

Mage99
Guide
Guide

Ok folks, additional information that may help. When I received my e-mail for the motion alert, the accompanying screenshot is missing. Also, when I clicked on the link "Click here to see what is happening" I get an XML error as shown below:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>
d8e352f9_66b5_45c0_8799_2c9e15e971c0/336-1020545/48B14C70056D3/recordings/1427835135750.mp4
</Key>
<RequestId>50725359EAACED13</RequestId>
<HostId>
aYwDjyfPOyhvlRr26w+D6LfoPcPKAKXUYqF6PGihyugXusCYPWDUzxLEwvfKTJRDLo3Oa3DI0Vc=
</HostId>
</Error>

Hope this helps your investigation. Thank you!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Mage99 wrote:

laurenc wrote:

Hi ant (and Everyone),

Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

Hello Lauren, 

Thank you for looking into this. I don't really see an error but a white blank screenshot. When I tried to play it, it just says "Loading" and nothing happens. It seems that particular video is missing in the cloud as in your server. Thanks again. 

Same here.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Mage99 wrote:

Ok folks, additional information that may help. When I received my e-mail for the motion alert, the accompanying screenshot is missing. Also, when I clicked on the link "Click here to see what is happening" I get an XML error as shown below:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
<Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
<Key>
d8e352f9_66b5_45c0_8799_2c9e15e971c0/336-1020545/48B14C70056D3/recordings/1427835135750.mp4
</Key>
<RequestId>50725359EAACED13</RequestId>
<HostId>
aYwDjyfPOyhvlRr26w+D6LfoPcPKAKXUYqF6PGihyugXusCYPWDUzxLEwvfKTJRDLo3Oa3DI0Vc=
</HostId>
</Error>

Hope this helps your investigation. Thank you!

Same here.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

I just got another failure on 3/31/2015 3:15:52 PM PDT. Video download failed from arlos3-prod-z2.s3.amazonaws.com server:

<Error><Code>NoSuchKey</Code><Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message><Key>9fdecebc_a96f_45b9_a5e3_4719e143dde3/100-1088065/48B14C7X099AE/recordings/1427840152513.mp4</Key><RequestId>AEE4EF8DFFCC9C46</RequestId><HostId>tIYLBmw0AWZwaTUJZIyLjlYfxOW5AyCPl3p9Kxa9S/Bm/0nacpTAi+ajJsvTfKBqFp2xaSukVWs=</HostId></Error>

dl09092100
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been using Arlo for 5 days. Got 4 blank videos since 3/30 night. When clicked link from alert mails, got similar "NoSuchKey" XML error message. Spent hour with Netgear support and got no clue yet. It seems relating to amazon s3.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

dl09092100 wrote:

I have been using Arlo for 5 days. Got 4 blank videos since 3/30 night. When clicked link from alert mails, got similar "NoSuchKey" XML error message. Spent hour with Netgear support and got no clue yet. It seems relating to amazon s3.

Yeah, there's nothing we can except wait for Netgear and/or Amazon to fix this on their end. Just be glad that there are multiple reports of this issue.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

FYI:

"... Update from NETGEAR:

Hi Ant,

We are aware of the issue and our Engineering team are doing a fix for it but ETA is not yet known.
Rest assured we will keep you
posted..."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Cross-posting since there's at least 3 threads in 3 forums about this issue.

Hmmm...  Knock on wood - no blank videos since last night.

Mage99
Guide
Guide

Just a quick update. After over 100 video captures from my hallway (Yes, busy hallway), there are no blank videos. It seems to be resolved but I guess we all have to wait for Netgear's confirmation regarding this issue. Thank you all for your contribution. 

motoflyer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are any of you guys using 1 camera for motion and recording on another? I have a rule for Camera A to sense motion and start recording on Camera B. All my other videos show up except for this configuration. Camera B videos never show in my library. Am I missing something or is this a related bug to this discussion? Thanks for any feedback!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just started doing this so only have limited experience.  Are you using an app (which OS?) or browser?  WHen using my Android app, I only see one video, seemingly random as to whether it's one camera or the other.  The browser shows both videos with no issues.  I'm using email notifications and with one exception get both video links emailed to me.

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation