Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
chanceu
Follower
Follower

I am trying to figure out how I know the battery is low short of manually checking the status every day or so. Is there any way to setup low battery notifications? Or are they built-in by default? If either, are they e-mailed? Pushed on a mobile devices?

Thanks,

Chance

19 REPLIES 19
patrykchoros
Tutor
Tutor

+1

In previous version of app and web interface there where e-mail notifications. Now gone! Arlo - what happened?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Let's be clear - email motion notifications still exist.  What doesn't exist are the low battery notifications.

patrykchoros
Tutor
Tutor

jguerdat wrote:

Let's be clear - email motion notifications still exist.  What doesn't exist are the low battery notifications.

True 😉

tshrimp
Star
Star

Is this a Netgear joke of some kind? Did Netgear really remove this feature? I had a camera go down, and and did not know as I never received the email stating the batteries were getting low. This is a basic function, and until fixed, I have put any futrue Netgear purchases on hold. When feature added back I will put Netgear back on my purchase list. 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If Netgear really wants to go forward with the removal of this feature, then they need to take down the current user guide from their website.  It plainly states, "You can tell Arlo to notify you by email if your camera’s battery level is low".  Since this is a really important feature, it is deceptive to say that it is supported when it is not.

There has still to my knowledge not been any statement from Netgear in this forum that this feature has been cut.  So the customers are left with the impression that a safety mechanism exists when there seems to be no such thing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are currently investigating an issue with the low battery e-mail notification being sent. The toggle is no longer part of the UI but the feature still remains.

JamesC

pdxatx
Guide
Guide
What's the latest update on this JamesC ?
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I too just experienced this.  (Dead/Low batteries = non-functioning camera, with no notification sent to me)

Also I'm pretty sure the visual indication of the Camera Battery, via the app, was full yesterday....and today it went to the "replace batteries" on the portal screen.   I looked at my other camera status tonight and it was showing full battery symbol on the app.  I told the BASE to reboot....and when it came back online the other Camera is now showing one bar battery.

Seems like the batteries are either showing Full or Low Indication for a very short-time....to Offline.

PS. I'm using Energizer Lithium 123.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The 3 bars (full) and 2 bars icons look very similar.  I too thought that one of my cameras went from full to low overnight, but when I looked back at a screen cap I made I confirmed that it was at 2 bars before.  The 1 bar indicator looks very different from the 2 bar indicator.

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

If they are that similar I guess it kinda defeats the purpose of an onscreen battery indicator.

Of course, the low battery email notification is what we all rely on and it's not currently working.

I've previously suggested that they also send out a notification if our Base station goes "offline"

umangdoshi
Guide
Guide
Please can we have the low battery notification and camera going offline notifications

This just sucks
denjen
Tutor
Tutor

So what is the progress with the low battery notification?  UNACCEPTABLE to remove a feature that you advertise on the box and in the manual.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

denjen,

The low battery e-mail notification was not removed it now enabled by default. We are still investigating an issue with the low battery e-mail notifications being sent and hope to have a resolution soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you,

JamesC

umangdoshi
Guide
Guide

What about the Camera going offline - Notification

What is the plan of adding that one in 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

umangdoshi,

I encourage you to visit the Arlo Idea Exchange and make a suggestion there to implement this feature.

JamesC

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

JamesC,

With due respect...it's previously been suggested...in fact in August of last year you stated to that post in Suggestions "I can see the value in this type of notification. Thank you for the suggestion!"

and to be honest.....this is a basic 101 feature.   "Hey let us know when our Arlo Security Camera (or base station) isn't working".

I'd say this is more of a bug than a feature request.  The fact that it's still like this since the product has been released, shows that someone at Arlo might be confused as what we are using this product for.

msbreton
Guide
Guide

What's the status of low battery notifications not being sent?  I had an security issue at my home and when to check one of my camears only to find it has been offline for 5 days!  I replaced the batteries and its up and running again but this is a serious security reliability issue.  We need the system to tell us when a camera's battery is getting low so we can proactively replace them!

Sounds like this issue has been going on for months.  Can we please get a commited time to resolution?

-Mike

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

msbreton,

This issue has since been resolved. You should be receiving a low battery e-mail notification when batteries reach 15%. Are you receiving all normal e-mail alerts from motion detection events? Check to make sure these alerts are not being filtered in your e-mail such as to a spam folder.

JamesC

msbreton
Guide
Guide

I am getting motion events.  No spam issue.  We'll see what happens the next time one of my cameras batteries is low.  Hopefuy, I get the notification before the caemra just dies.

-Mike

Discussion stats
  • 19 Replies
  • 32 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation