Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VMC3030 live feed

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

On live feed, when I press the icon for full screen, nothing happens??

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser? Try the other. If it's only the browser, try a different one. If only the app, try reinstalling it.

Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

It is the app and I tried reinstalling - no joy.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens when using a browser?

Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I use the system via Safari? Btw, it works fine on my iPhone, it is my iPad that causes the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define "use the system"? You use any browser to connect to Arlo.Netgear.com - is that what you're using?

BTW, why not use the app on both?

Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

By"use the system" I meant use the Arlo app. I am confused. To do anything I simply tap on the Arlo app icon, and Arlo opens up. I thought an app was just a program, though to connect it obviously uses a browser, presumably Safari in my case. You speak as if I have the choice of using a browser OR an app, rather than both.

Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ps.Another strange feature of my problem is that if I use Arlo on my iPhone, then go to my iPad, I AM able to maximise the Arlo screen on the iPad.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The app is completely self-contained.  It won't use a browser at all.  I don't have any iOS devices so can't speak for specifics with that app's operation but it should work the same on any supported device/OS version.

Yes, you can use either the app or a browser.  If you want to try a browser on a mobile device, you go to the same URL (https://arlo.netgear.com/) but you'll also have to tell the browser to use the desktop version or you'll just get a message to download the app.  Try it out - it's useful for troubleshooting any weirdness.

Uppermoors
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. Tried opening Arlo.netgear.com but as you say, all I get is "download app". How do I tell it I want to log in?

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Uppermoors wrote:

Thanks. Tried opening Arlo.netgear.com but as you say, all I get is "download app". How do I tell it I want to log in?

Once you open a web page in a browser on a mobile device, check in the browser's (context) menu. There should be an option called "open/reload as desktop browser" or something similar to that effect.

That will reload the page, but this time the browser will identify itself to the web server as a desktop browser. This will in turn cause the server to not send you the mobile version of the page, but the regular desktop browser version - provided the web site has been programmed to serve mobile and desktop versions of pages.

Since the mobile version of arlo.netgear.com has been designed to only give you a link to the app if you visit with a supported device, you must force-load the desktop version of that page in order to see the regular login screen.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation