Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
srikanthml
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I have bought the arlo system recently...i am wondering if i need to have internet connection to just monitor the camera feed while at home?

I have set it up for outdoor usage and would like to be able to monitor what is happening outside live when sitting at home...but currently i notice that there is delay in the camera monitoring feed on my computer/mobile and what is happening outside.

If it is indeed going to cloud for live feeds..i would like to know how to enable live feed monitoring only on the local network...(obviously my broadband network is slow and can expect delays) without need to go to cloud and back.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All access is via the Internet and servers.  Live View requires the same since there's no way to access the base station directly.

neilgreene
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat wrote:

All access is via the Internet and servers.  Live View requires the same since there's no way to access the base station directly.

I love the Arlo cameras.  They are wireless and more important, wirefree.  And they are small enough and easy to hide.  The requirement for internet access however is greatly breaking the deal.  Gonna have to offload my purchased equipment and go with POE cameras and Synology Survielance Station. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation