Re: Integrating Arlo into Apple Home Kit

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 86 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
RoyMilano
Tutor
Tutor

Could you please consider integrating the Arlo camera system into Apple Home Kit.

This integration would greatly enhance Arlo's usefulness.

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good idea to put the request here;  https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RoyMilano,

There are topics on the Arlo Idea Exchange discussing this idea. I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by giving Kudos. This is the best way to support a popular idea and encourage developers to consider adding a feature.

JamesC

Disillusion
Initiate
Initiate
HomeKit integration would be a definite plus for the Arlo system, I am currently in the process to select a surveillance system and the possibility to integrate the cameras into my HomeKit-enabled household would greatly improve the chances of Arlo as the system of choice.
cmallery
Initiate
Initiate

When will Arlo integrate with Apple Homekit?

Model: VMC3040 | Arlo-Q HD with Audio,VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
elliottmart
Initiate
Initiate

I agree. Integrating with Apple Homekit is a deal breaker for me!

Model: VMC3030 | Arlo Wire-Free Camera
jdvigilante
Initiate
Initiate
Yes!, I agree. That's a good idea!
Anabd
Initiate
Initiate

Homekit integration is a must 

Bowflex552
Initiate
Initiate
I concur with all the posts that say you should integrate Arlo Pro with Apple Homekit
TechGeek
Initiate
Initiate
I totally agree. Our entire home is on the apple ecosystem, AppleTV, etc. We use Siri to control Phillips hue Security System etc. would really love this feature!
Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera,arlo.netgear.com | Web Site/App
JeffAgla
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have my home and a business, where I am looking for a security camera system.  I do like these cameras for their ease of installation and interface. However, I cannot justify the price without Home Kit integration so I can use these to combine scenes based on motion detection etc.  Do we have any idea when this will happen? I am a product manager as well so stating its on the radar means there is no plan.  Many home automation items work with Alexa, Google and Suri. Giving a date means that you agree and it is scheduled. So without the standard thanks for your reply and its on the radar what is the plan?

Model: VMC4030| Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 86 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation