Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 38 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
AskMcGowan
Star
Star

First and foremost I am going to start by saying I am on the OCD side.

One bug I have found in the Arlo iPhone app which is really bugging me are the App Icon Badge Numbers.

Here is how it currently works:

I create a new account and have zero videos. Motion is detected and the camera records say 5 videos. The App now shows 5 new videos - awesome!

I view the videos and that number goes away. 10 new videos come in and now the App icon shows "15" instead of "10" so it is now showing all videos instead of new videos. This is annoying but I can live with this.

This is the part that really buggs me. I DELETE all videos so now I have zero videos. a new video comes in and instead of 1 it shows "16" so it keeps incrementing all videos ever recorded in history instea of just the new ones and it is extremely annoying.

To give an exact log, I currently have 112 videos stored, 0 new and the App icon is showing 297 when it should be shoing 0 or worse case 112.

Is there a fix coming out for this soon?

27 REPLIES 27
Ritch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just called again and the guy had NO idea what I was talking about. I told him to go read this string of comments on THEIR site. And that this has been an issue for over 3 years. He said okay and hung up on me. Worst customer service ever!
BrownBear77
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I never heard back from anyone at Netegar/Arlo (really bad customer service). After having over 7000 notifications I figured what would happen if I decided to change my email/profile setting. I changed the email address from gmail.com to yahoo.com and for some reason I was then completely locked out of the system. The system was still running since another family member had access.

I then proceed to reset the base station; set everything back up as new. I used my previous email (orginial setup) and setup the other cameras. Of course that would wipe out all the recordings on the cloud; I have an external USB drive hooked up to the station to keep the recordings locally as well.

The setup completed without issues; the cloud recordings were removed but my notification issue has now been FIXED. I've did some testing and the notificaton counter is working properly.

Palala7
Tutor
Tutor

I ended up resolving this issue myself. Arlo customer service personnel couldn't help me, and never found the solution here in the community, so I had to be my own detective. For me it all started when a family member granted me access to their cameras. After removing me, my badge app count got as high as 357. I found what was going on, and I am back to normal again. No ridiculously high numbers. I am going to post the link here for you, and to help anyone else that stumbles upon this thread.

This is the title to search for in case the link doesn’t work:

Solved: iOS Arlo app badge icon number increasing and unable to clear or reset

Link:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Solved-iOS-Arlo-app-badge-icon-number-increasing-and-unabl...