Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 27 Replies
  • 38 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
AskMcGowan
Star
Star

First and foremost I am going to start by saying I am on the OCD side.

One bug I have found in the Arlo iPhone app which is really bugging me are the App Icon Badge Numbers.

Here is how it currently works:

I create a new account and have zero videos. Motion is detected and the camera records say 5 videos. The App now shows 5 new videos - awesome!

I view the videos and that number goes away. 10 new videos come in and now the App icon shows "15" instead of "10" so it is now showing all videos instead of new videos. This is annoying but I can live with this.

This is the part that really buggs me. I DELETE all videos so now I have zero videos. a new video comes in and instead of 1 it shows "16" so it keeps incrementing all videos ever recorded in history instea of just the new ones and it is extremely annoying.

To give an exact log, I currently have 112 videos stored, 0 new and the App icon is showing 297 when it should be shoing 0 or worse case 112.

Is there a fix coming out for this soon?

27 REPLIES 27
laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @AskMcGowan ,

Thank you for bringing up your inconsistencies with the Arlo iOS app. The Arlo app badge should be the total of new recordings since you last viewed the library. Currently, it shows the total number of recordings since install. Our team is definitely aware of this issue, and we will have a patch soon.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. 

Lauren - Arlo Team 

AskMcGowan
Star
Star

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for the response. It is not a big deal, for now I trned off the badge number and just left the notifications on. It is good to know it is being worked on.

Thank you for all your hard work!

chamaway
Star
Star

How do you turn off badge number?

AskMcGowan
Star
Star

iOS ONLY - 

Settings > Notifivations > select the app (in this case ARLO) > Badge App Icon - turn the switch off!

This will NOT turn off the notifiation within the app itself, so if you log in, the number under Library will still be there till you tap it - but on the app icon (home screen) they stop appearing.

This can be done on any app (individually) that supports push notification.

chamaway
Star
Star

Thank you!! 

Now if they would just fix the counter (shows lifetime total even when deleted all the videos), I can turn it back on 😉

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you for your posts Chamaway and AskMcGowan,

I can confirm, our engineering department is actively working on a fix for the badge counter that should be released very soon in the next App update. Thanks for letting us know how important getting this fix implemented is.

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
AskMcGowan
Star
Star

@chamaway  - No problem at all, Glad to help 🙂

@ChristineT  - They did respond to my original post stating that and I am really looking forward to it. Great job on eveything else thougn and thank you for getting back to us so quickly!

rekanix
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me insane - I did a search on the community forum and found this from 2 years ago?  So I take it there's STILL not a fix for this issue???

rekanix
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue and it's driving me insane - I did a search on the community forum and found this from 2 years ago?  So I take it there's STILL not a fix for this issue???

sirgalant
Initiate
Initiate

Problem is fixed. The App badge icon resets to zero once you access your library.

Hughbailey99
Guide
Guide
I am still having this issue. How were you able to fit it? I have over 300 videos indicating. Thanks!
rekanix
Tutor
Tutor
I think it was an issue that they worked out. And to fix, I think you log out and back in again.
Hughbailey99
Guide
Guide
Hello,
Mine is having this same problem. Will never reset. I have signed in and out. Deleted the app. I have tried everything . Please help.

iPhone 7
iOS 10.3.3
App is up to date
Navy_12
Initiate
Initiate
What are the instructions in order to reset the recording count after reviewing the motion recordings in the library.. I have not had this problem in the past two years. This week for some reason when I review my recordings the count goes away. But the next time the camera goes off the registers at 297 alerts.
Navy_12
Initiate
Initiate
Hughbailey99,

I am having the same issue, have you figured it out by any chance?
Hughbailey99
Guide
Guide

No I have not. I am sitting at 1,706 alerts right now. They are very hard to get in touch with for customer service. I will update if I solve, please do the same!

Julzrose
Initiate
Initiate

I am experiencing the same issue. I was shared guest on my mother's unit and my counter went up because of it. I asked to be removed from their account because I could not alter my notfication preferences without changing theirs. Now my iphone badge number reads 100. I thought it was supposed to give me the number of new videos to review. Please find a fix! 

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app 2x, rebooting my base. I'm out of ideas.

Iphone X

IOS: 11.1.1

Drewsky
Tutor
Tutor
This seems to be an issue that they don’t want to fix since it’s been around for so long. Looks like it only occurs once added as a guest. Mine was working fine until I was given access to another base station. Now every time I reset the badge counter to 0 it keeps incrementing the count based off of the last known count. Still occurs after being removed from the second base station.
Ritch
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am now having this same issue and it just started happening after last update.
Hughbailey99
Guide
Guide
Well I am close to 6000 now and no one from netgear has contacted me back. Good luck! Let me know if anyone helps out!
BrownBear77
Tutor
Tutor

Netgear/Arlo,

I'm having the same issue as well. This started when I was added as a guest to one of my family accounts temporary. I have since been removed but ever since then the notification number will not reset. I've logged out/in, removed the app completely and data from my phone but still the issue is there. This is really annoying. Clearing others have the same issue here.

Netgear, PLEASE help fix/reslove this issue. My current count is up to 3200. Thank you.

Ritch
Aspirant
Aspirant
That’s EXACTLY when my issue started. I called and the help desk is NO help!!!
BrownBear77
Tutor
Tutor

I contacted support today (1/15/2018) after posting the message and worked with Kimberly S. for about a hour. Trying various things; still same issues. Having the issue on my iPhone and iPad. I had asked the person to escalate the case; let's see if this goes anywhere. If I hear back I'll update this thread though I don't feel confident this will get resloved.

Hughbailey99
Guide
Guide
Yes this is an annoying issue. I have had this issue for almost 3 years.