Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Daddylee
Initiate
Initiate

What a Trash update! Where can I turn off my email alerts, don't need 40-50 email about motions! I'm thinking of getting rid of this trash camera. Thanks!

37 REPLIES 37
silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Go to Mode and tap base station tap the pencil next to armed a list of all your cameras will be there now tap the pencil icon for that camera go down to the bottom of the page to ALERTS un-check "EMAIL ALERTS" after that tap SAVE in the upper right of the screen, now do that for each camera dont forget to hit save on each one.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the MODE

select the one your using to arm the cameras... Prob ARMED.

Click ( pc ) on the ">" to edit

Pick camera ( must be done for each ) by hitting EDIT

uncheck the box in front of the send to Email

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
joyferrante
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you! worked!

Sxyrd1972
Aspirant
Aspirant
How do you turn off email notifications when movement is detected
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sxyrd1972 wrote:
How do you turn off email notifications when movement is detected

You have to mod the mode you are using, it's as simple as unchecking the email adress

go to mode, pick the one yr using ( prob armed ), hit > to edit, pick cam as it is set per camera so you may have to repeat, untoggle email or push alert

SHEIKH707
Aspirant
Aspirant

ME TOO, WHAT HAPPENED? I CAN'T ADJUST ANYTHING. OR GET TO ANYTHING .

Feitclub
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot seem to locate the notification settings within settings of my app. I desperately need to turn off email notifications. Could someone please advise? Thank you so much in advance. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The toggle for emails and pushes are in the MODE you are using to arm the cameras... you must edit the mode

chakus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Your reply and some of the optehres helped me untick email alerts.  They were just filling up my iPhone 6s inbox!

RJTO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all, we are new to the Arlo cameras and wanted to turn off e-mail notifications, but keep notifications to our phone. How do we do this. Thank you. 

brh
Master
Master

In the Arlo app go to the little "Mode" icon at the bottom of each page. On the next page click on the icon for your base station. Go to the appropriate Mode you have set up for arming the cameras and click on the green pencil to the right of that mode. Select the Rule for that camera and again click on the pencil. At the bottom of the next page there will be an area called "Alerts." You have the choice there to select how you wish to be notified. Uncheck the Email Alerts.

Do this for each camera's rules.

Hope that helped,

Brian

Arnold92503
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, where on the app or website do I find my preferences on getting email notifications of movement? I have dogs and every time they move I get an email notification and I want to stop those notifications. Where do I go to edit my email notification preferences? Thank you
brh
Master
Master

@Arnold92503

Select green pencil by the Armed Mode in the app, ( or the arrow in the computer IDE).

Edit each Rule and near the bottom of the page you will see the Notification options to select either text notifications, email notifications or both. 

Deselect the box by the side of the email notifications.

Brian