Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am trying to turn off the push notifications about entering/leaving the Geofencing zone, I still want the notifications of activity when I am away.  In trying to accomplish this I edited the Geofencing mode then choose Push Notifications and unselected all devices.  In the Armed mode I have the Push Notification box checked under alert.  Should I still get messages about entering/leaving the Geofencing zone?  If so is there a way to turn only those alerts off but leave the motion/audio alerts on when armed?  Right now the only device I am noticing the alerts on is my iPhone 7, I just switched my wife to an iPhone 6 and will need to check hers to see if she is getting those push messages or not but she usually tells me if there are notifications she keeps getting that she doesn't know what to do with.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terk,

Were you able to confirm if this is happening also on the iphone 6? Or is this behavior only occuring on your iPhone (7)?

JamesC

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

It is only happening on the iPhone 7, I have 4 devices that show up in the list and the iPhone 7 was the only one where I left it checked for a while to verify when it was detecting me leaving or entering the area,  now I am satisfied that the Geofencing is detecting the boundary every time correctly so I don't need to be notified any longer and figured this would be an easy thing to turn off when I was ready.

Thanks.

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Any suggestions on this?  I even turned off the "Armed" push notifications so only email was alerting and no push notifications where selected in the app any longer and yet I still got a push notification when I left the Geo Fencing zone this morning.  Ijust removed and reinstalled the app on my phone to see if that makes any difference and I should know tonight, however when I did that my wifes phone dropped out of the Geo Fencing list and my iPad got checked instead.  Now I'll have to work on my Wifes phone to get it added back again, which I had a few issues with when I upgraded her phone a few months ago as the new phone showed up in the list right away like it was supposed to but when I checked it and unched her old phone and the new phone left the zone it said it was in the zone until I unchecked it saved and rechecked it.

Terk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I just opened the Arlo app on my wife's phone and hers started participating in the Geo Fence again.  Mine had a few issues saying that it couldn't change state without Internet but now it appears to be working and is no longer pushing messages about leaving/entering the Geo Fence zone.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation