Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Default rules not showing in Android app

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I've noticed that in the Android app when I go into Settings, then Rules, I do not see the default rules that came factory installed. I can only see those if I use the Web UI. In the Android app I can only see rules that I created myself.

Is there a reason for that, or is this a bug?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I think Netgear is already aware of the issue as the post Schedule is different in desktop that on phone (sic!) in the Community Feedback Forum shows. So, we'll wait for the next app update.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Ok, let me add to that: It appears, even rules I create in the Android app disappear from the app after I create them there. Wait, now no rules are visible at all in the Android app. On top of that, going into Modes, I don't see any rules that don't already show under Rules, which right now are none. So, all my modes appear without rules at all. Something is very fishy here.

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I think Netgear is already aware of the issue as the post Schedule is different in desktop that on phone (sic!) in the Community Feedback Forum shows. So, we'll wait for the next app update.

Angel222
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was taking off the email alerts when I accidently took off the factory Rules and now my camera is not working at all  No recordings and it deleted all of what I had to the recycle bin.  I put back on the ones I wanted to keep and put favorites.  Next day they were gone again.  What is the problem.?

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Angel222,

If you are on a Basic Plan, content will be moved to the Recycle Bin after 7 days. This may be the reason why your content was deleted and moved. "Restored" content from the Recycle Bin will be moved back to the Library, however it will only remain there for 1 day. Content marked as favorite will not prevent it from being moved to the Recycle Bin. 

You could manually create rules and modes that are identical to the default rules and modes. When customizing how your cameras will function, it is best to begin with Rules. Once you have created your Rules, you could proceed on creating your Modes. Keep in mind that Modes are collections of Rules.

For more information on creating rules and modes check out the following articles: What are rules & how do I create them? and What are “Modes” & how do I use them?

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
Frisk72
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are no button with "Rules" any longer. What has happens? I can´t set the time for recording or the sencibility any longer. It does´nt exist in the android app or in the web application. I have the basic plan- sweden.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This has been asked and answered here many times.  Rules have moved to a consolidated location under the Mode tab.  Click on Mode, select your system and view whatever modes have been created (Armed and Unarmed are the two defaults).  Either edit an existing mode or create one.  As you go through that process, it leads you to create/modify the rule as appropriate.

Everything for rules and modes is in the Mode tab.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation