Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BroKent
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to "block out" zones on the view area in regards to motion for each camera?.  I have some branches/leaves that have movement in one of the camera's view. I have an umbrella that has a little furl when the wind blows and a flag/banner that moves too. When my dog goes out his dog door too, is another example. I am not talking about sensitivity but specific blocking/cropping.

i also have the DropCam by Nest and I have the ability to map out a zone to record or not to record per camera.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can crop the picture in the camera settings menu, but it only crops the picture.  The whole area is stll active as to the motion detect PIR.

So, the answer is no.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
DeannS
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon BroKent,

Thank you for your post!

This feature is not yet available, however it would be a great suggestion for our Idea Exchange Board. Arlo Idea Exchange

Ideas posted to this board will be reviewed by our production team.

I look forward to viewing your future posts!

Thanks,

DeannS

Arlo Team

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

It would be a great suggestion if it was technically feasible with the hardware in the Arlo.   I have a feeling that they would have implemented it if it was possible.

If that little bally thing on the Arlo is the motion sensor (ie separate from the Video camera), then maybe it's not.

This actually gives me an idea.  I currently have a tree that blows in the window on they very edge of the arlo view that sets it off.   Maybe I'll try to put a non-stick blocking tape over the edge of the PIR detector (the black bally thing) and see if I can have it ignored.  (while not interferring with the monitored area)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd have to look more carefully but I think the "black bally" things is the lens. I'd guess it also feeds the detector so you may well be blocking two things.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes... most PIRs work via the lens ( frensnel lens ) that focuses to the actual detector... you may cut out more than you want.

But it's like chicken soup...it couldn't hurt ! ( to try)

Morse is faster than texting!
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation