Motion is not detected from side views

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Jtag
Initiate
Initiate
Put a camera underneath the roof rafter pointing at my driveway and sidewalk and when I check the motion videos it seems that the side views don't sense and only sense in the middle...or there's a delay in recording...anyone have similar issue(s)?
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd say that pretty well mirrors my usage and experience.  Part of the issue is the distance of most activity (out on or near the street, maybe 30 feet away) as well as the true motion detection area, which seems somewhat focused to the middle.  I pick up a cat walking under the camera before I actually see it but also typically catch the front door opening before I see me walking out.

MiBrue
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same issues. Motion detection is triggered in an angle not equivalent to the picture, but when I point the camera too much towards the street to have the gate to my driveway nearly in the center of the picture, bypassing cars fire the motion detection although they are at least 30 feet away.

I have to admit that I'm pretty frustrated by the trial and error process having me try the cameras in 5 different places with dozens of angles and heights. The combination of the narrow angle of motion detection and the delay in starting the recording makes the system nearly unusable for outdoors for me. I suggest Netgear to fix these issues with a software update on the cameras, if possible at all, or they should provide existing customers with either additional motion sensors that can be placed elsewhere and can be integrated with the system or additional cameras that can be used as such motion sensors for free.
MiBrue
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

jguerdat wrote:

I'd say that pretty well mirrors my usage and experience.  Part of the issue is the distance of most activity (out on or near the street, maybe 30 feet away) as well as the true motion detection area, which seems somewhat focused to the middle.  I pick up a cat walking under the camera before I actually see it but also typically catch the front door opening before I see me walking out.

Same here, triggers when not even in field of view.  Now if they can make it work when something is in view, that would be more relevant.  Unreliable tracking of objects gets annoying.  

Hopefully an update can fix.

-Robert
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation