Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Creating rules/Mode

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jas0042
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying to figure out how to trigger two cameras if one detects motion.  I see lots of explanations for how to do it but the options don't seem to be where people say to look.  Is this function missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jas0042,

I also have been playing with rules. What I would do is create two rules:

* Rule 1: My Arlo > Mode > (Mode Name) > Camera 1 > Motion is Detected > Sensitivity > Camera 1 > Record Video > Send Alerts > Finish.

* Rule 2: My Arlo > Mode > (Mode Name) > Camera 2 > Motion is Detected > Sensitivity > Camera 1 > Record Video > Send Alerts > Finish.

Does this help?

Good luck,

Dave

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi Jas0042,

I also have been playing with rules. What I would do is create two rules:

* Rule 1: My Arlo > Mode > (Mode Name) > Camera 1 > Motion is Detected > Sensitivity > Camera 1 > Record Video > Send Alerts > Finish.

* Rule 2: My Arlo > Mode > (Mode Name) > Camera 2 > Motion is Detected > Sensitivity > Camera 1 > Record Video > Send Alerts > Finish.

Does this help?

Good luck,

Dave

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

do a search above on  " nested rules "

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jas0042
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much!  I knew there must just be a button that I was not seeing.  I suppose there isn't a way to make a custom rule with Geofencing?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Jas,

There is a way to do Geofencing. It's greyed out on the PC page but available through the Arlo app.

I have yet to play with it...

Regards,

Dave

jas0042
Aspirant
Aspirant

Right, I have played with the geofencing and got it to work.  What I was wondering was if there is a way to add geofencing to a custom made rule

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, it works the other way around.  When using GF, you define the mode you want to use when in and out of home.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation