Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

how does geofencing work for multiple people?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Atomic81
Aspirant
Aspirant

how does geofencing work for multiple persons in a household?  its a great feature but only very usefull when all memebers of the household can utilize it.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everyone in the household that has a phone with the Arlo app on it can participate. Over here there are two users, myself and my wife. Only when BOTH of us are out of the house the "Away" mode kicks in. As soon as either of us (or both) enter the zone again, it's set back to "Home" mode.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Everyone in the household that has a phone with the Arlo app on it can participate. Over here there are two users, myself and my wife. Only when BOTH of us are out of the house the "Away" mode kicks in. As soon as either of us (or both) enter the zone again, it's set back to "Home" mode.

Atomic81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response.  I thought thats how it would work however, I have not been able to create mutlple accounts for one system.  I'm assuming each member of the household should have their own log in.  Am I correct? 

tinokremer
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes and no. You do not have to create accounts, you can "grant access" to an emailaddress. The other persons then receive a link in their mail to create their own account. You can allow them to manage or just to view your cameras. Once they are logged in with their phone, they are added to the list in Geofencing and you can enable them to be included.

Jsb205
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having an issue with my geofencing.  My wife and I both have our devices set up as devices in geofencing.  But, it arms when just I leave the house, while she is still home.  Is there some way to change that setting so It will only arm outside of our night schedule when BOTH her and I are outside the geofence?

Atomic81
Aspirant
Aspirant
I never was able to resolve the geofencing issue. Can't seem to get it to work for more than one user. Only seems to recognize when I am home but not others.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation