Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JMIBOBC
Follower
Follower

Since the most recent update both my cameras go off line every day at least twice, sometimes much more often.  Is anyone else having this issue?  Prior to the update they worked perfectly.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled without success.

13 REPLIES 13
Adewale
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having the same problem....3 of my cameras have gone offline and i guess its also a result of the update.

i noticed i now have geofencing beta so i know my apps have been updated

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JMIBOBC, Adewale

This could be due to a range or interference issue. What is the signal strength indicator showing for the affected cameras? You might try relocating your base station away from other wireless devices that could potentially be causing interference.

JamesC

JSS12
Aspirant
Aspirant

JSS12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem. When I changed batteries they when offline. Sometimes batteries are good but still goes offline.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try restarting the base using the power switch.

kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having same problem with just one camera. Deleted it. Now can't get it to sync or anything. Frustrated again. This system is getting to be to much work!!!!!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Press the sync button on the base only briefly (<1 second).  Try again.  You can consider a system reset using the reset button alone until the base LEDs flash amber.  Delete all devices in Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button on the Cameras tab to add the base.  Resync the cameras.  If all of this fails, contact support using the Support link at the top here - you may simply have bad hardware.

kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
That's just great and all. Especially since it means dragging out ladders again and again. This system has alot of serious problems.
kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't even tell if the sync button works. It doesn't feel like it depresses at all. The light never starts to flash. It's very strange. I don't remember if it felt like it moved before but it doesn't now. No light coming on or flashing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe it's time for contacting support using the Support link above.  Since the button seems wonky, maybe it's just a hardware problem.  ALternatively, if it's within the store's return policy, take the system back and swap for another.

kiddos78
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is past thirty days! But the Netgear team and one year product warranty is amazing!!!! Hasn't been 90 days yet and they are taking care of these issues and replacing unit!!! Very nice support team!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!
rickmyster78
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. I have tried restarting, resetting the base. I have tried deleting all of the cameras and readding them. I'm still having problems with 2 or all 3 cameras going offline after getting a motion detection alert. I have posted this issues last week and I didn't get any response from the Arlo team. Can anyone from Arlo contact me?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
No, you contact them using the Contact Support link at the bottom here.
Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation