Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Continuous recording with Arlo camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bearfamily
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, is this possible to setup the camera so they continuously record for as long as there is motion in front of them? If a car drive by my car I don't need to record for 2 minutes, but if a guy try to break into it then I'd like to have the full action caught on tape rather than just 2 minutes.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Motion detection will cause the camera to restart recording but only after a significant delay and if the motion is across the FOV, starting at an edge.  There's no setting for continuous recording during motion, unlike the Q cameras, which are powered and use a different detection scheme.

ggulik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are there any plans to enhance the motion detection to extend the recording time to as long as motion is detected and hopefully for a few seconds after?

Like the other person said it does start recording but the gap before it starts recording can be long and mine has missed way too much.

Bearfamily
Aspirant
Aspirant
The answer I had was to get a different model. The arlo won't do it. I returned mine to the store. The cost of the batteries offset the benefits of wireless cameras.
I ended up buying a game camera from a hunting store. Cheaper, better image quality, records as long as it moves and requires AA batteries.
ggulik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I do like the battery operated nature because where I installed it would be extremely difficult to run permanent power to and allows me to monitor things via the App and the Web.

The other thing I wish the Arlo had was a proper API so I can integrate it into my existing security system.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation