Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes/Schedules for different cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mattyblueice
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 cameras: one for the front door and the other 2 are inside. I want the front door camera to be set up to dectect for motion 24 hours a day and the two inside during sleeping hours.

I can't figure out how to do that, can someone please help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mattyblueice
Aspirant
Aspirant
7 REPLIES 7
Ebphoto
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the exact same question / issue. I'd like the cameras that are covering the doors on all the time and the rest only at night. I can't seem to get this to work with the schedule.
Thank you,
E
mattyblueice
Aspirant
Aspirant
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about the modes and rules.  Define multiple modes with only the cameras you want to use at a particular time.  Then schedule those modes for the appropriate times.  You need the modes/rules to be used in the schedule.

SamP
Aspirant
Aspirant

I really want to have different cameras be trigggered at different times when using the scheduler mode but as far as I can tell this is not possible as when i try the modes taht I add into the scheduler seem to want to no overlap.

For instance I have a mode A "front porch - Record video for 30 seconds when motion detected + send push notification" and another mode B "back porch -Record video for 10 seconds when motion detected + send push notification".

What I really was hoping is to have something like this

Monday

• Mode A - Start 00:00 End 16:00
  • Mode B - Start 00:00 End 9:00

BUT when I try to add  mode A and B into the schedule they do NOT overlap each other, in other words I add mode A fine then add Mode B and it autmatically either takes over the time slot of mode A or wants to start when mode A ends....

This is very frustrating and seems that it's a logical need since different cameras look at different things. 

Please Help 🙂

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You just haven't caught onto the logic built into the scheduler and modes/rules.  First, you need to make multiple modes.  Each one can have multiple rules for your various cameras.  When creating a mode, only one camera will get a rule.  Save and reedit the mode and add additional camera rules, saving each one.  Create another mode with different camera rules.  Any camera not having a rule will be disarmed.  That way, you can schedule, say, a mode that has all cameras armed for the nighttime and schedule a different mode that has maybe only indoor cameras during the day.  Any timeslot without a mode assigned will have no cameras at all armed so you can mix and match as desired.

SamP
Aspirant
Aspirant

But that's not what I want though. 

I want my front porch camera and back porch camera to be on at the same time however not following the same schedule.

I want the front porch camera to record from 12am to 4pm  then from 9pm til 11:59pm

I want the back porch camera to record from 12am until 8am then from 9pm until 11:59pm

I don't see how I can do this with this scheduler at all? 

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

SamP wrote:

But that's not what I want though. 

I want my front porch camera and back porch camera to be on at the same time however not following the same schedule.

I want the front porch camera to record from 12am to 4pm  then from 9pm til 11:59pm

I want the back porch camera to record from 12am until 8am then from 9pm until 11:59pm

I don't see how I can do this with this scheduler at all? 

Thanks

Just more modes. Mode 1 will be both cameras. Mode 2 will be just the front camera. Schedule Mode 1 from 12:00AM to 8AM. Schedule Mode 2 from 8:01AM to 4PM. Finally, schedule Mode 1 again from 9PM till 11:59PM.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation